Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Neil is doing an excellent job .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Three really great goals, but some very questionable defending at times. Once it went 1-1 Celtic seemed to relax a bit and played some good football at times.

I always thought this was a game that we should be winning, but there was definitely potential to f*ck it up, so to win 3-1 away is a really excellent result. Neil Lennon certainly seems to know how to manage in European games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Neil is doing an excellent job .

Yep.

A few Celtic fans including one or two round here need to get their head out of their asses and cop on. Neil Lennon will deliver success for Celtic once he gets reasonable backing from the board and from the fans.

Unfortunately a narrative has emerged that Lennon is old school and doesn’t do preparation and we can do better etc. It’s a bullshít narrative. That was the first competitive game of the season in a tricky hostile environment on a poor playing surface. The team were well prepared as evidenced by the way they got stronger as the game went on and saw out the win emphatically. Support Neil Lennon and he will deliver CL qualification and the league title. Bitch and moan about him after every under par performance and that will just make things more difficult.

A few Celtic fans need to grow up and realize that Celtic are on the cusp of something special and that there will be all sorts of attempts from other quarters to stop us getting there. We need a siege mentality behind Lennon and we’ll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Yep.

A few Celtic fans including one or two round here need to get their head out of their asses and cop on. Neil Lennon will deliver success for Celtic once he gets reasonable backing from the board and from the fans.

Unfortunately a narrative has emerged that Lennon is old school and doesn’t do preparation and we can do better etc. It’s a bullshít narrative. That was the first competitive game of the season in a tricky hostile environment on a poor playing surface. The team were well prepared as evidenced by the way they got stronger as the game went on and saw out the win emphatically. Support Neil Lennon and he will deliver CL qualification and the league title. Bitch and moan about him after every under par performance and that will just make things more difficult.

A few Celtic fans need to grow up and realize that Celtic are on the cusp of something special and that there will be all sorts of attempts from other quarters to stop us getting there. We need a siege mentality behind Lennon and we’ll get there.

So people who don't agree with you 'need to get their head out of their asses and cop on, need to grow up'?

They beat a of part timers by an expected scoreline ffs, have a word with yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So people who don't agree with you 'need to get their head out of their asses and cop on, need to grow up'?

They beat a of part timers by an expected scoreline ffs, have a word with yourself.

Sarajevo aren't part timers, they are a fully professional club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,287 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

and they are the most popular club in Bosnia & Herzegovina and are league champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

You really *expected* a 3-1 away win? Fair play for your confidence, but I doubt many others shared your expectations. I would have been satisfied with a draw to be honest, which was pretty much what I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Naka has just signed for Yokohama FC at 41.

They have a 52 year old striker on their books :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭eire4

and they are the most popular club in Bosnia & Herzegovina and are league champions

All things considered I thought it was a very good result. Would have very gladly taken that before kick off. I thought you could see we were still very early in pre-season as some of our play was patchy especially defensively but overall we did quite well and all 3 goals were really good goals too. Big performers for me were Ajer, McGregor and Johnston. I really hope and feel that this could be a really big breakout season for Johnston with the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Are you disagreeing with me about something, what exactly is it that you’re disagreeing with me about?

At this stage of the season with some players still not available after the holidays and against a stronger than usual outfit in this round of qualifiers, that was a great result and a strong performance. What’s your point caller?

• Advertisement

Celtic are in pole position to sign Ecuadorian youngster Jose Cifuentes, ahead of Manchester City, according to reports.

The English champions are said to be keen on the América de Quito midfielder, but City would struggle to obtain a work permit for the 20-year-old, as he is not yet a full-time international.

The rules on work permits in Scotland are considered to be more relaxed. Cifuentes would likely get more first-team football at Celtic, and is understood to be interested in a move to Scottish football.

Cifuentes was part of the Ecuador squad that finished third in the recent Under-20 World Cup, and his performances are believed to have caught the eye of clubs in Germany and Italy, as well as Celtic and City.

The Hoops are on the hunt for midfield reinforcements, after missing out on David Turnbull and with Olivier Ntcham's future still uncertain. The likes of Kundai Benyu and Eboue Kouassi also seem out of the picture at Parkhead, while Nir Bitton has been deployed as an auxiliary centre-back in recent matches and could continue there for the foreseeable.

Cifuentes operates as a defensive midfielder, but likes to get forward. His physical strength and tidiness on the ball make him an attractive proposition for clubs looking to upgrade.

He is still young and not the finished article however, with the right coaching, he could be moulded into a key player if he makes the move to Europe.

From the Scotsman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Is the game tonight only on Celtic TV?

Good finish from Christie to put us 1 up

Finished 2-1 tonight and Celtic are playing Nomme Kaliju next week

1-0 Christie
    https://streamable.com/ieqa7

2-1 McGregor
    https://streamable.com/cxidj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Danny Simpson on trial at the club. What a signing he would be on a free. Played every game of a Premier league winning season couple years ago, still 'only' 31.

Danny Simpson on trial at the club. What a signing he would be on a free. Played every game of a Premier league winning season couple years ago, still 'only' 31.

No thanks, morally.

The_Fitz wrote: »
    No thanks, morally.

What about Niel Lennon, morally? Didn't he clip his wife or something too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Danny Simpson? He's not much of an attacking full back and at 31 I dont that changing

Should of kept Lustig until they got a player that was clearly better.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Danny Simpson? He's not much of an attacking full back and at 31 I dont that changing

Should of kept Lustig until they got a player that was clearly better.

Danny Simpson is a much better player than lustig stop will ya. It's on a free too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Danny Simpson is a much better player than lustig stop will ya. It's on a free too

He really isnt and the point is that the club should have kept a 1st choice player until they signed someone that consistently outperformed him. Several experienced players tried and failed over several years

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Absolutely cruising tonight. Christie for the fourth goal was a cracker. Expect a big season from him.

Great result tonight, good to see Griffiths back scoring goals

Missed the game as I was travelling back from York - Excellent scoreline

1-0 Ajer
    https://streamable.com/3cfs1

2-0 Christie
    https://streamable.com/9qzqy

3-0 Griffiths
    https://streamable.com/vynsm

4-0 Christie
    https://streamable.com/nqew7

5-0 McGregor
    https://streamable.com/nr6gy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Is there any reason we're not playing a match on Saturday? Give the new players a chance to get fit and the fringe players a go.

Missed the game as I was travelling back from York - Excellent scoreline

1-0 Ajer
    https://streamable.com/3cfs1

2-0 Christie
    https://streamable.com/9qzqy

3-0 Griffiths
    https://streamable.com/vynsm

4-0 Christie
    https://streamable.com/nqew7

5-0 McGregor
    https://streamable.com/nr6gy

Was doing the opposite myself flying from Dublin to Chicago. Thought about waiting until Thursday morning to watch the game as I was so tired but could not wait and boy was it worth it. Some excellent attacking play once we got going and some superb goals. What a free kick to mark his first start since returning from illness too for Griffiths. A really special moment and hopefully that boost will really set him up for the season ahead.

Badabing wrote: »
    Is there any reason we're not playing a match on Saturday? Give the new players a chance to get fit and the fringe players a go.

I believe we are playing on Saturday but it is a behind closed doors friendly against Manchester City.

Big Jullien to start tonight?

The_Fitz wrote: »
    Big Jullien to start tonight?

Yeah looks like he will, would be nice to see Shved get a few mins too

• Advertisement

RoryMac wrote: »
    Yeah looks like he will, would be nice to see Shved get a few mins too

I'm excited by Shved although he looks a little light.

Would love to see Griff partner Eddy. Maybe see Griff start tonight, I guess Hayes will be at left back.

Craig Gordon is to start in goal. Julian will make his first start at center back and both Forrest and McGregor have been rested and not even travelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Pedestrian stuff so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Cracker from shved

Good win, no injuries. Roll on Saturday!

Cracker from shved

Yeah great finish

• Advertisement

Hoping a dub in Glasgow has a clip heard twas a beauty.

Decent performance. The early goal made the first half a walk in the park for us.
    The second half they in fairness to them had a go but we were always very comfortable. Cluj especially with the away leg first will be a whole different kettle of fish though. That will be a really tough test for us next week.

Nice goal from Johnston to put us 1 up

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

2-0 up now, Christie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

3 after half hour, Christie again

Christie's first goal was a cracker, going to be a big player for us this season if he stays free of injuries

Nearly a cracker from Edouard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great 1st half, Celtic look very sharp. Just reading on BBC that Jullien is suspended for this game, how so? Something in a friendly game that carries or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

We are looking terrific. Catch us if you can!!!!

PauloMN wrote: »
    Great 1st half, Celtic look very sharp. Just reading on BBC that Jullien is suspended for this game, how so? Something in a friendly game that carries or something like that?

Suspension carried over from France

Christie hattrick to make it 4, lovely hit.

And Ntcham for 5, just a minute on after replacing Christie. Total dominance.

i always said lennon was right man for the job.

Eddy for 6. Embarrassing now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement