Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to go through security in Dub airport tomorrow morning?

Options
  • 10-07-2019 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi,
    Flying to London from T2 tomorrow morn, flight at 8:40. Does anyone know roughly how long it would take to get through security about 7:30 at this time of year? Fast track is €8, not sure if it’s worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

wall wrote: »
    Hi,
    Flying to London from T2 tomorrow morn, flight at 8:40. Does anyone know roughly how long it would take to get through security about 7:30 at this time of year? Fast track is €8, not sure if it’s worth it.

Are Vodafone still doing free fast track codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If you're only allowing yourself 70 minutes between arrival at the airport and flight departure then you definitely need fast track.

There's no guarantee you're flying from T2 even if your flight is listed as going from there. On recent flights to the UK and Europe I've had to trek all the way from T2 to T1 after security once the gate has been posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Not sure how accurate it is, but live security estimates are posted by Dublin Airport. For some stupid reason though, they insist on you installing their otherwise pointless app to get the info. Might be of some help in the morning.
    e..g it's currently showing T1 < 25 mins, T2 < 17 mins.

Assuming 8:40 is departure (so c. 8:10 boarding) arriving at 7:30 only gives you 40 mins to get through security and reach the gate. Could be a little tight, although you'd obviously have some leeway before boarding closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

yeah, vodafone are still doing free fast track - there's a thread on boards showing you how to get them, even if you're not a vf customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Fast track worth it this time of year with all the families with kids going through security. The last few times with fast track, i put my case almost straight on the scanning belt with no queue.

If you are going with Ryanair you can buy and add fast pass to your ticket

Also there is a different ticket scanner as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

MOH wrote: »
    Not sure how accurate it is, but live security estimates are posted by Dublin Airport. For some stupid reason though, they insist on you installing their otherwise pointless app to get the info. Might be of some help in the morning.
    e..g it's currently showing T1 < 25 mins, T2 < 17 mins.

Not anymore, you can see the times on their website.

https://www.dublinairport.com/flight-information/live-departures

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wall

Thanks for all the replies. I had a look at the last page or two of the thread on the free Fast Track, I’m not Vodafone, people seem to have Fast Track codes to spare, I put a request up for two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

VG31 wrote: »
    Not anymore, you can see the times on their website.

https://www.dublinairport.com/flight-information/live-departures

Oh brilliant, thanks.

Thought I was going mad, knew that wasn't there when I was flying a few weeks ago, but they've just launched site changes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

You just cannot trust Dublin airport in terms of staff numbers at the security scanners

• Registered Users Posts: 81,384 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You just cannot trust Dublin airport in terms of staff numbers at the security scanners

Or gob****es who take all the items out of their pockets and scatter them all around the basket to be scanned when they could have just put the lot inside their jacket pocket and scanned the jacket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement