Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard buddies

Options
  • 16-08-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm starting in Maynooth soon doing Data Analytics through Springboard. Feel very nervous as I'm nearly 40 and I'm sure a lot has changed since I saw the inside of a university. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is the university not organising an orientation period for you? They usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭okatied

I start on Aug 28th but have no details yet about orientation etc. I've emailed the coordinator and she did get back to me to say I'll have the info shortly. Was just looking for people in a similar situation as myself to chat to.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

Hi Okatied,

I just seen this thread and I am looking myself to do a Springboard conversion course in IT this year. I have come across the one with WIT (HDIP in Science in Computing) and am wondering how was the course you did. was it worth it - was it time consuming, how was the content, was it doable etc... did you find it was a good qualification to have after.

Another option I have been looking at on Springboard is https://springboardcourses.ie/details/7149

There is also an option to do the HDIP in Science in Computing with Data Analytics and I am just wondering if you found the Data Analytics course doable (I don't have any experience with data analytics at the moment but think its probably a good area to get into)

would you or anyone else have any recommendations etc

Thanks

Advertisement