Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 24 - The agony and ecstasy of virtual rugby management

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

topped my league and in prime position to go into the playoffs with home advantage the whole way.

top of promotion table too, the only question is should I go up and be crucified as never really rebuilt my team this season even though I meant to... finding/moving house etc took up my time. also my bank is becoming healthy again. I am tempted to stick it out one more season to boost team and invest...thoughts?

I have always encouraged people to promote when possible, but now that shoe is on other foot it is tempting to take the easy route!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

always promote unless it better not to. its not like youd gain a bunch of members by promoting so to promote when not ready for you and relegate again isnt that smart

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

Just barely snuck third place in my league with a bonus point win in the last round when i was in sixth place (3rd to 6th only has 4 points in it ),

....just logged in to see second place has gone bot this week :D,

WNWIM and hopefully get a good game for the final

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

eoferrall wrote: »
    topped my league and in prime position to go into the playoffs with home advantage the whole way.

top of promotion table too, the only question is should I go up and be crucified as never really rebuilt my team this season even though I meant to... finding/moving house etc took up my time. also my bank is becoming healthy again. I am tempted to stick it out one more season to boost team and invest...thoughts?

I have always encouraged people to promote when possible, but now that shoe is on other foot it is tempting to take the easy route!:o

HAHA

you're some boyo playing mind games here :P:cool:

Why not come second? let the winner of the other semi final win the league and get promoted:cool:

Seriously though, Dread0s and Monivea managed to stay out of the auto relegation spots since they went up. I reckon your team is better than them (deffo Monivea...his av CSR is dropping away still)

daheff wrote: »
    HAHA

you're some boyo playing mind games here :P:cool:

Why not come second? let the winner of the other semi final win the league and get promoted:cool:

Seriously though, Dread0s and Monivea managed to stay out of the auto relegation spots since they went up. I reckon your team is better than them (deffo Monivea...his av CSR is dropping away still)

Sorry - all mind games here!:cool:

I think I will go up and give it a bash! but definitely will be going to the final (or trying to) and then decide in final... see you there... maybe!:pac: if I get relegated again next season so be it

• Advertisement

Sorry - all mind games here!:cool:

I think I will go up and give it a bash! but definitely will be going to the final (or trying to) and then decide in final... see you there... maybe!:pac: if I get relegated again next season so be it

Oh dunno about seeing you there. Bogwarriors seem to have the better of me...especially at home. But sure if I do manage it I'd be delighted to play you :) (assuming Tralee don't wake up and start playing LTNT. I saw he logged in before the last normal game....you never know he might have set default tactics to be LTNT and try to win the playoffs!)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

Howd everyone get on i managed to win both my semis and now got hga in both hopefully ill go all the way now

Oh dunno about seeing you there. Bogwarriors seem to have the better of me...especially at home. But sure if I do manage it I'd be delighted to play you :) (assuming Tralee don't wake up and start playing LTNT. I saw he logged in before the last normal game....you never know he might have set default tactics to be LTNT and try to win the playoffs!)

well maybe not... could be in division 1 next season now!!:pac: good luck in the final

morgan62 wrote: »
    Howd everyone get on i managed to win both my semis and now got hga in both hopefully ill go all the way now

Well done..good luck in the final.

My main team got the rub of the green last night and won to qualify for the final too.
    well maybe not... could be in division 1 next season now!!:pac: good luck in the final

Yeah I'm surprised...thought he would have tried that having just logged in last week. Nothing to lose, unless hes determined to just keep coasting along.

Good luck to you too :cool:....your energy is way better than mine, so I guess its all yours.

Either way I dont think either of us will go up automatically, a playoff vs Dread0s or Monivea probably lies ahead

Well done..good luck in the final.

My main team got the rub of the green last night and won to qualify for the final too.

Yeah I'm surprised...thought he would have tried that having just logged in last week. Nothing to lose, unless hes determined to just keep coasting along.

Good luck to you too :cool:....your energy is way better than mine, so I guess its all yours.

Either way I dont think either of us will go up automatically, a playoff vs Dread0s or Monivea probably lies ahead
    Good luck in the final anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

Not looking forward to playing the qualifier match one little bit ,looks like it could be high voltage or my old buddys men who stare at goats who will face my ageing monivea side .Even with home advantage i will really need to get tactics spot on to have any little chance.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i f'd up my semi in zim and i had a great chance of promoting to div1, i set my team two days before hand but clearly it didnt save and lost wnwnm to ltnt 19-32. thats disappointing

Not looking forward to playing the qualifier match one little bit ,looks like it could be high voltage or my old buddys men who stare at goats who will face my ageing monivea side .Even with home advantage i will really need to get tactics spot on to have any little chance.:(

OI!!!!! It could still be me you're playing....2 of us in the div 2 final ya know....its not a foregone conclusion -just an outside chance!!!

seanand wrote: »
    i f'd up my semi in zim and i had a great chance of promoting to div1, i set my team two days before hand but clearly it didnt save and lost wnwnm to ltnt 19-32. thats disappointing

That's just bloody annoying....still 3rd must be a given now.?

sorry daheff ,how could i forget front row fairies ,best of luck in div 2 final

sorry daheff ,how could i forget front row fairies ,best of luck in div 2 final

too late for sorrys now GH...I'm coming to get ya :P

ooooooh great div 2 final between MWSAG and Front row fairies ,front row win away from home ,well done daheff ,hard luck crisico

WON BOTH MY FINALS happy days dunno how but i did :)
    now to get thumped in qualifier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm such a noob, didn't realise that it was semi Wednesday and final today. So didn't change the team or tactics and ended up losing.

too late for sorrys now GH...I'm coming to get ya :P

Well then....all my mouthing & I end up playing Dread0s instead...good luck in the playoffs GH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

OI!!!!! It could still be me you're playing....2 of us in the div 2 final ya know....its not a foregone conclusion -just an outside chance!!!

Turns out it's me he's facing. :D

My record against Monivea is pretty poor, nearly 200 points conceded in two games at equal intensity :eek: ..... although that was 12 seasons ago :p

Anyway, good luck Greyhound, although I'm not sure you actually need the bit of luck!

Yes well done daheff ,i honestly believe you could beat dreads and claim a division 1 position,maz it should be a good game between monivea and grubber,would nt dwell to much on what happened 12 seasons ago though,you have a good improveing young team where as my fellas are on a sharp decline ,hope i can make it a little competive ;);),best of luck anyway

I'll give it a shot anyway GH!

Yes well done daheff ,i honestly believe you could beat dreads and claim a division 1 position,

looking at the teams that have gone up and those that are staying there from last season, i'm not sure I really want to go up :eek: would be a tough season and I'd most likely go straight back down again.

From my experience daheff,it would nt be outrageous to think you could stay up,just dont go for every game and speifically pick out games you possibly might win,its a tactic i used this season in division one and i finished in fifth position ,so my advice is to go for it against ddreads ,you know you can beat them:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Relegated from Div 1. Close run thing. Made a balls of two matches by not setting intensity. Going to clear out a few players over the course of the next season.I have a few young lads I'll be throwing sessions at. Going to start up my YA again too, I enjoy that part of the game most.

Anyone got a regular Monday friendly competition? Wouldn't mind getting a bit of IGT next season.

MONIVEA 33 GRUBBER 13
    DDREADS 18 FRONT ROW FAIRIES 42

Well done daheff welcome to division 1,its going to be tough for both of us to stay up next season with some good teams coming up from division 2

Congrats GH. Only got to look there but you had me well beaten. There's always next season though!

Hard luck mar-z ,i reckon if you had home advantage and those two players were nt injured you could have beaten me,still you will definetely be knocking at the door again next season ,keep the chin up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Well played Daheff! Good luck in Div 1!

Only getting back online now really; was away in a African bush with no wifi/mobile signal/electricity for last 10 days, so had set up my semi team and put my default to come in for the final or 3rd place playoff.

I actually got mobile coverage briefly at around 2:40 on Saturday and was happy to see 10-0 just clocking up. But I wasn't surprised to see your guys came back when I got looking at the result. No injuries or anything on my side so can have no complaints about luck. Fairplay and enjoy the challenges of next season. We will miss you in Div 2.1

I am however raging that twice in two seasons now, I have started strongly and gone on to lose in the playoffs. (Monivea in semi last year, and this years final)

Advertisement