Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Racks for VW T4 - Fiamma/Thule

Options
  • 14-07-2020 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone has any opinions on the Fiamma Carry Bike or a Thule alternative?

Need to get a new carrier for a T4 and the Fiamma seems like the only option for rear aside from a tow bar option which is notably more expensive.

Only worry with the Fiamma are the racks/tracks themselves, are they suitable for CX tyres, too wide for road tyres etc etc.? I've only used a thule roof rack previously and it is super stable and width good for my road and CX bikes. Can't seem to find any decent info on the Fiamma racks.

Any thoughts welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I previously had a motorhome, with a Fiamma bike rack. It took MTB wheels where the tyres sit.

Spacing with 4 bikes more of an issue - trying to weave the horizontal supports that went out perpendicular to the van.

I've an Expert, and have been weighing up options - Thule seems to be the only non-towbar 4 bike option. Saris Bones may fit (does the expert) but is 3 bikes.

Advertisement