Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamas mass-murderer Ahlam al-Tamimi

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Odhinn wrote: »
    The "right to return" has been quietly ditched by the PLO during negotiations. A one state solution is naive and unworkable.

There should be a general retreat behind the 1967 lines of border, with doubtless horse trading over swaps of land/population in specfic instances, with the end goal a geographically contiguous palestinian state.

Yeah that is more or less where I stand at the moment about what ought to be. Now with the hard part done, we need merely convince the people on the ground :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hamsin

I didn't find anything about "term used frequently" in your second link. But even if you are correct, the use of the term by one newspaper doesn't prove its "wide use".
    The word "Palestinians" was not in use before 1960.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

hamsin wrote: »
    I didn't find anything about "term used frequently" in your second link. But even if you are correct, the use of the term by one newspaper doesn't prove its "wide use".
    The word "Palestinians" was not in use before 1960.

still doesn't change the fact palestine exists, and ergo palestinians are real.
    remember, there was no state of israel before 1948.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

jmayo wrote: »
    Aren't you quick to use UN resolutions to back up your argument when it suits.

And aren't you quick to ignore a debate on UN resolutions when it shows that Israel has no legal basis to exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Zebra3 wrote: »
    And aren't you quick to ignore a debate on UN resolutions when it shows that Israel has no legal basis to exist?

Are you seriously now saying Israel has no right to exist.
    I know you are a lover of a lot of Middle Easterners, but you are now sounding like one of the Ayatollahs claiming Israel has no right to exist and the Israelis should be driven into the sea.

And if you go down the rabbit hole about states being established without legal rights then good luck to ya.

And it is even funnier when you go through the list of the 31 nations that plays along with your assertion and refuse to recognise Israel's right to exist.
    Fooks sake it's a whos who of failed and despotic states, funnily enough nearly all of them majority muslim states.

21 Arab League members: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen;
    9 members of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brunei, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Mali, Niger, and Pakistan; and Bhutan, Cuba, North Korea and Venezuela.

You are in good company there. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

You're wasting your time engaging that Hasbara shill Odhinn.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hamsin

still doesn't change the fact palestine exists, and ergo palestinians are real.
    remember, there was no state of israel before 1948.
    "Palestine" exists only on paper.
    Yes, there was no state of Israel before 1948. But Jews knew their original name long before this date and they didn't need to adopt a foreign word to name themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes, there was no state of Israel before 1948. But Jews knew their original name long before this date and they didn't need to adopt a foreign word to name themselves.

Is that why you chose a Hebrew username?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Whats your position on the colonisation of the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem et al?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Is that why you chose a Hebrew username?
    Either that are the poster is full of hot air :P

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

palestine exists in reality, part of it's land is what israel exists on.
    what name jews knew about years before hand makes no difference as the fact is there was no state of israel until 1948.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Slow drip ethnic cleansing

The sharp deterioration in coordination between Israeli and Palestinian officials as Israel threatens to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank has hurt efforts to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus, the United Nations has said.
    The warning on Tuesday came hours after Israeli forces demolished a structure used as a quarantine centre for people suspected of having the virus in the West Bank city of Hebron, sparking outrage among Palestinians.

Israel occupied the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, in 1967. Israel tries to justify the demolition of Palestinian homes by saying they lack building permits, despite the fact that Israel systematically denies such permits to Palestinians.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/07/covid-19-efforts-hampered-israeli-palestinian-breakdown-200722111602590.html

I think the Israelis aren't that nervous at all, and really mean business when they do it:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53511336

Advertisement