Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas mass-murderer Ahlam al-Tamimi

Options
  • 29-06-2020 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/jordan-king-urged-block-extradition-convicted-bomber-200617100616009.html
    The family of Ahlam al-Tamimi who is wanted by the United States for her role in a suicide bombing in Israel in 2001 has appealed to King Abdullah II to resist American pressure to extradite her.

Al-Tamimi - a Jordanian citizen who was convicted in Israel and sentenced to multiple life sentences after 15 people, including two Israeli-Americans, were killed in the blast - was released to Jordan in a prisoner swap between Hamas and Israel in 2011.
    In an interview with Al Jazeera in 2017, Ahlam al-Tamimi said she never knew American nationals were killed in the bombing and the Israeli government never mentioned that during her trial.

"The first time I ever knew that Americans were killed was when the Interpol in Jordan told me about the charges filed in the US against me," she said.

Whatever about her contempt towards the Israeli government, why does al-Tamimi hate Jewish people?

What did the people who were in the Sbarro pizza restaurant on that afternoon on 9 Ausgust 2001 ever do to her?

From what I've read about the case, it's quite clear that al-Tamimi is a psychopath.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Why do jewish people hate Palestinians and ethnically cleanse them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭political analyst

Zebra3 wrote: »

They don't.

Israeli military operations are aimed at terrorists and the killing of civilians in those operations is unintentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm only surprised Israeli intelligence services haven't dealt with her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭DeadHand

The Palestinian population has been increasing steadily by 100,000 a year over the last 5 years.

If the Israelis are “ethnically cleansing” them, they are doing a poor job of it.

Or maybe it’s a situation like that of Ibrahim Halawi, who succeeded in visibly gaining weight despite a torturous incarceration that included a period of hunger strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

They don't.

Israeli military operations are aimed at terrorists and the killing of civilians in those operations is unintentional.

Really?
    https://mondoweiss.net/2020/06/after-several-long-minutes-of-pleading-israeli-forces-shot-eyad-al-halaq-anyway/?fbclid=IwAR3Rk3B74ESwdxL1yciZpTSftx_xkuPodsu3ayyODldBfcm1ZYGgIIPI8ns

You're positive now?

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/the-military-first-took-his-legs-then-his-life-1.5628827

As Israeli troops are illegally occupying the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem and Golan, why aren't they described as "terrorists"? Certainly their activities fit then bill, and thats without getting into the crimes of the settler/colonists they stand by without intervening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

DeadHand wrote: »
    The Palestinian population has been increasing steadily by 100,000 a year over the last 5 years.

If the Israelis are “ethnically cleansing” them, they are doing a poor job of it.

Or maybe it’s a situation like an esteemed former guest of Palestine, Ibrahim Halawi, who succeeded in visibly gaining weight despite a torturous incarceration that included a period hunger strike.

Never knew Palestine was in Egypt. If you're going to go on some anti immigrant rant at least get your geography right.

DeadHand wrote: »

Yes, and you know quite well that Israeli state terrorists demolish houses of Palestinian citizens in occupied territory in breach of international law.

Yes, and you know quite well that Israeli state terrorists demolish houses of Palestinian citizens in occupied territory in breach of international law.

Im near certain they blockade and dont allow materials for rebuilding in either

Whatever the rights and wrong of hamas,pretty much impossible to feel sorry for isreal,when they carryon the way they do

They don't.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/collective-punishment-gaza

Zionist terrorism against Palestinian civilians has always been at the forefront of establishing and expanding Israel.

Israel is built on ethnic cleansing and it continues to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭political analyst

Odhinn wrote: »
    Really?
    https://mondoweiss.net/2020/06/after-several-long-minutes-of-pleading-israeli-forces-shot-eyad-al-halaq-anyway/?fbclid=IwAR3Rk3B74ESwdxL1yciZpTSftx_xkuPodsu3ayyODldBfcm1ZYGgIIPI8ns

You're positive now?

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/the-military-first-took-his-legs-then-his-life-1.5628827

As Israeli troops are illegally occupying the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem and Golan, why aren't they described as "terrorists"? Certainly their activities fit then bill, and thats without getting into the crimes of the settler/colonists they stand by without intervening.

Tragic mistakes have been made by Israeli security personnel. The sharpshooter in the second case may not necessarily have been aiming at a wheelchair-bound person. Protesters were warned to stay away from the Gaza border with Israel.

The occupation of the West Bank, Gaza and the Golan Heights took place only because of the threat from Arab nations in the Six-Day War.

By the way, neither of those cases is anything to do with the Sbarro restaurant bombing. What did the people in that restaurant ever do to the woman who murdered them?

Tragic mistakes have been made by Israeli security personnel. The sharpshooter in the second case may not necessarily have been aiming at a wheelchair-bound person. Protesters were warned to stay away from the Gaza border with Israel.

The occupation of the West Bank, Gaza and the Golan Heights took place only because of the threat from Arab nations in the Six-Day War.

By the way, neither of those cases is anything to do with the Sbarro restaurant bombing. What did the people in that restaurant ever do to the woman who murdered them?

What did the 700,000 native Palestinians ever do to the European zionists who drove them from their homes, stole their property, and denied them their right to return?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Isn't Netanyahu pushing for the annexation of the West Bank now within the next 24 hours aswell, apparently his defence minister doesn't even know what is planned but the Israeli army is ready. Harsh times ahead for the Palestinians as always.

And to answer the OP's question, perhaps the Israelis killed her family and she wanted revenge, wouldn't blame her.

"tragic mistakes" is when that kind of thing happens once in a decade or so. The fact is there are hundreds of such incidents, civillians and often children targeted by rifle fire and killed with single well aimed shots to the head.

The lad in the wheelchair was killed by aimed rifle fire, one round to the head.The autistic man was shot at point blank by a soldier standing over him, while he was begging for his mother and for his life. An occupation this brutal is bound to incite yet more brutality from those who have suffered under it.

Annexation of territory by force goes against international law, likewise aiding the colonisation of same.

rapul wrote: »
    Isn't Netanyahu pushing for the annexation of the West Bank now within the next 24 hours aswell, apparently his defence minister doesn't even know what is planned but the Israeli army is ready. Harsh times ahead for the Palestinians as always.

And to answer the OP's question, perhaps the Israelis killed her family and she wanted revenge, wouldn't blame her.

Netanyahu may feel that his window of opportunity will only last as long as the current trump presidency, so he may take the risk and go for large scale annexation.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madeoface

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/jordan-king-urged-block-extradition-convicted-bomber-200617100616009.html

What did the people who were in the Sbarro pizza restaurant on that afternoon on 9 Ausgust 2001 ever do to her?

'Mohammad Ramiz Bakr, 11, Ahed Atef Bakr and Zakariya Ahed Bakr, both 10, and Ismail Mahmoud Bakr, nine, were killed when they were hit by explosive rounds....' playing football on a beach......

What did these 4 little boys ever do to the IDF? Their families will never get justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Probably belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but Irish people sure do bull**** with their pretend concern for Palestine...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Jewish people? you mean the Israeli government?

I know the accusation of anti-semitism is the Israeli government's go-to cop out race card they pull anytime their policies are legitimately criticised but some people make it very easy for them.

Netanyahu may feel that his window of opportunity will only last as long as the current trump presidency, so he may take the risk and go for large scale annexation.

Sadly, your bang on there, sure isn't a settlement in the golan heights gonna be called trump heights, that was one of bibis promises to trump if I recall, and sure this whole plan is oul Jared's idea to benefit everyone, its laughable.

walshb wrote: »
    Probably belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but Irish people sure do bull**** with their pretend concern for Palestine...

This post is bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sabella

Very one side ‘political analyses’ my friend, there is much more to what is going on in that area, by both sides I might add. Could I recommend a weekend in Palestine which might broaden your horizon slightly. By the way I don’t condone violence by either side and the bombing of the pizza restaurant is horrific as is the killing of any civilians

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

rapul wrote: »
    This post is bull****.

It’s not.

Most wouldn’t be able to point out Palestine on a map, or even spell it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gatling wrote: »
    I'm only surprised Israeli intelligence services haven't dealt with her

Probably because the head of mossad visited the King of Jordan recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

If we can park the Israel v Palestine conversation for one sec, this individual is evil imo. These quotes are chilling:

"Afterwards, when I took the bus, the Palestinians around Damascus Gate [in Jerusalem] were all smiling. You could sense that everybody was happy. When I got on the bus, nobody knew that it was me who had led [the suicide bomber to the target]... I was feeling quite strange, because I had left [the bomber] 'Izz Al-Din behind, but inside the bus, they were all congratulating one another. They didn't even know one another, yet they were exchanging greetings...While I was sitting on the bus, the driver turned on the radio. But first, let me tell you about the gradual rise in the number of casualties. While I was on the bus and everybody was congratulating one another...

"I admit that I was a bit disappointed, because I had hoped for a larger toll. Yet when they said "three dead," I said: 'Allah be praised'...Two minutes later, they said on the radio that the number had increased to five. I wanted to hide my smile, but I just couldn't. Allah be praised, it was great. As the number of dead kept increasing, the passengers were applauding."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Annexation of territory by force goes against international law, likewise aiding the colonisation of same.

With this in mind. The EU were quick to put sanctions on Russia over Crimea. Will they act in the same manner if Bibi goes ahead with this plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sabella

If we can park the Israel v Palestine conversation for one sec, this individual is evil imo. These quotes are chilling:

"Afterwards, when I took the bus, the Palestinians around Damascus Gate [in Jerusalem] were all smiling. You could sense that everybody was happy. When I got on the bus, nobody knew that it was me who had led [the suicide bomber to the target]... I was feeling quite strange, because I had left [the bomber] 'Izz Al-Din behind, but inside the bus, they were all congratulating one another. They didn't even know one another, yet they were exchanging greetings...While I was sitting on the bus, the driver turned on the radio. But first, let me tell you about the gradual rise in the number of casualties. While I was on the bus and everybody was congratulating one another...

"I admit that I was a bit disappointed, because I had hoped for a larger toll. Yet when they said "three dead," I said: 'Allah be praised'...Two minutes later, they said on the radio that the number had increased to five. I wanted to hide my smile, but I just couldn't. Allah be praised, it was great. As the number of dead kept increasing, the passengers were applauding."

Horrific stuff

With this in mind. The EU were quick to put sanctions on Russia over Crimea. Will they act in the same manner if Bibi goes ahead with this plan.

Due to American pressure I doubt it. "realpolitik" etc. We can but hope it will end otherwise, but I'm not optimistic.

It’s not.

Speak for yourself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It’s not.

Stop projecting

• Advertisement

The EU is saying they will place sanctions but they always do but hopefully will follow through this time, trump won't be happy but the Arab nations aren't happy either, we won't know anything until bibi makes his move, Jordan aren't happy though so we shall see, soon aswell.

Advertisement