Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LeVar's Walrus

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭tusk

i believe i'll be taking part etc.

I'll try get an entry in over the weekend, though am struggling to pick for a lot of these - some have too many good candidates, others not enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'll try get an entry in over the weekend, though am struggling to pick for a lot of these - some have too many good candidates, others not enough!

You're just not looking hard enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

when are you closing this levar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

when are you closing this levar?

Next Wednesday, the 24th

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Next Wednesday, the 24th

That's AGGGGGESSSS away!!

:P

Necro wrote: »

I'll still probably be finished before Trigger ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,410 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Could listen to three or four Meatloaf songs in that time :p

But who would want to... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I would do anything for love, but I wont do that ..

Tbf, I like meatloaf. Some epic songs

Just in case there is anyone out there yet to enter who is considering Meatloaf as a viable option for any of the categories...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tenor.gif

fixXxer wrote: »
    tenor.gif

I mean he's got the clear advantage of nearly a 3-month head start. The absolute earliest I could start a reveal is Thursday the 25th and I've 7 categories, so he has 8 days to finish the reveal for the final 2 of his 5 categories. ;)

C'mon Trigger you can do it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I mean he's got the clear advantage of nearly a 3-month head start. The absolute earliest I could start a reveal is Thursday the 25th and I've 7 categories, so he has 8 days to finish the reveal for the final 2 of his 5 categories. ;)

C'mon Trigger you can do it. :D

Cool!! I just checked that I am the next Walrus in line (unless any of the previous skips would like to jump in, so I have a bit more time to finalise categories!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,562 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tenor.gif?itemid=14812889

• Advertisement

20 entries in at this stage, with at least a handful more expected, and just under a week to get submissions in.

Shaping up to be a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Just deciding whether to submit two songs by the same artist or not. Could be risky if you don't like them!

osh wrote: »
    Just deciding whether to submit two songs by the same artist or not. Could be risky if you don't like them!

On the other hand, if I like them it could prove to be a fantastic gamble.

giphy.gif

On the other hand, if I like them it could prove to be a fantastic gamble.

giphy.gif
    tenor.gif?itemid=8125029

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

It's a Walrus rule that you can't submit the same artist twice unless you're submitting Slade.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    It's a Walrus rule that you can't submit the same artist twice unless you're submitting Slade.

Hosts make their own rules, everyone else shuts their cakeholes... ;)

giphy.gif

23 Entries in now. Anyone else wanting to enter still has until Wednesday to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

23 Entries in now. Anyone else wanting to enter still has until Wednesday to do so.

Sign me up.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can I make a change to mine? Same act, just a different song in one category? No worries if not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

too many with numbers! i'm trying to decide. i'm thinking, someone else would have picked that so go with something else. but then that song aint picked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

too many with numbers! i'm trying to decide. i'm thinking, someone else would have picked that so go with something else. but then that song aint picked

No-one picked this (I hope not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NO-h9PFum4

Zaph wrote: »
    Can I make a change to mine? Same act, just a different song in one category? No worries if not

Yeah, go for it.

ShaneU wrote: »
    No-one picked this (I hope not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NO-h9PFum4

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Yeah, go for it.

Can I also change one of mine, pretty please?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Y'all entered Meatloaf songs didn't ye :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Y'all entered Meatloaf songs didn't ye :pac:

..and they want to add more

If anyone wants to change anything, just send me a PM, you don't have to ask permission first.

Make sure you really want to change it though, you may well end up entering something that I don't like as much.

If anyone wants to change anything, just send me a PM, you don't have to ask permission first.

Make sure you really want to change it though, you may well end up entering something that I don't like as much.
    tumblr_o408csb78G1ty9yplo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

tumblr_o408csb78G1ty9yplo1_400.gif

:pac:
    No matter how much I want to, I don't make changes anymore. It never ends and you can go mad. When the answers are in, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,907 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I should have my submission in by the end of the day.

Clear some space in your inbox :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Clear some space in your inbox :rolleyes:

Apologies, I've cleared some space

Tomorrow is the last day I'll be accepting entries/changes.

26 people in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Tomorrow is the last day I'll be accepting entries/changes.

26 people in at the moment.
    :eek: This isn't a Walrus, it's a WHALE!

• Advertisement

Whalerus :pac:

vbueM9W.jpg

:eek: This isn't a Walrus, it's a WHALE!

giphy.gif

Last day to get your entries in. There'll be no extensions, and won't be letting anyone else sneak in after the lines close no matter how much they beg - have 182 songs to listen to as things currently stand, so if you miss the deadline you're simply sh*t out of luck - so if you want to enter or need to amend your entry today is the day!

Can I get a mod to change thread title to Sign-Ups Closed please?

Edit: Still accepting entries until midnight, just in case anyone is in the middle of getting something together... ;)

Not going to set up a reveal thread until I'm almost ready to start the reveal, which will hopefully be sometime next week.

Unless there's any last minute entries in the next two hours, we've got 26 people playing this Walrus, and they are...

beakerjoe
    cj maxx
    Clarabel
    Electric Nitwit
    fixXxer
    Gru
    Homer J. Fong
    Irish Aris
    JP Liz V1
    Kolido
    lassykk
    mustang shelly
    Necro
    osh
    phatkev
    RasTa
    Reberetta
    Rothko
    Sawduck
    ShaneU
    the purple tin
    Trigger
    tusk
    quickbeam
    y0ssar1an22
    Zaph

we've got 26 people playing this Walrus
    Not going to set up a reveal thread until I'm almost ready to start the reveal, which will hopefully be sometime next week
    tenor.gif
    :p

• Advertisement

tenor.gif
    :p

Final Season of Dark this weekend is why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Final Season of Dark this weekend is why.

Forgot about that. Is it out tomorrow? I need to rewatch the first 2 seasons, because I have lost track of who's when. . . :pac:

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Forgot about that. Is it out tomorrow? I need to rewatch the first 2 seasons, because I have lost track of who's when. . . :pac:

Saturday, the 27th, the day of the Apocalypse, as predicted.

Did a re-watch last week. So hyped for it.

Hoping to do the Round 1 reveal tomorrow evening. Will confirm tomorrow afternoon once I set up the Reveal Thread!

giphy.gif

Reveal thread is here, and first round reveal will be this evening...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058091242

• Advertisement
Advertisement