Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League and all things European Rugby League 2018.

Options
  • 10-12-2017 5:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Last season's thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057688003&page=12

Will Castleford play as well as last season, and will they go the extra step this year.

Hoping for another good London Broncos Season, maybe going the extra step to promotion and seeing the London Skolars keep improving yearly. Toronto Wolfpack will probably make quite light work of the Championship and I'm looking forward to seeing if any further expansion happens across the Atlantic, with talk of a second Canadian team or New York team, or more exciting (personally speaking) will the Irish team ever appear in National League Division One?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Widnes new signing from PNG Kato Ottio has died aged 23. Not sure how he died, but very sad.

http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/article/53701/rest-in-peace-kato-ottio

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's terrible. I'm seeing reports that it was a "sudden health issue" in training.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Vikings have a crowdfunding page going for Kato's family, they've raised ten grand which is pretty remarkable considering he never even put their shirt on.

Season Kicks off this evening, televised game on $ky is Warrington v Leeds.

Hopefully a good season beckons, and they decide the format of future seasons. I can't see why they couldn't expand the Super League by at least a couple of teams with a rejigged fixture list.

Leeds have another couple of impressive youngsters, some academy they must have. Good defence from the Rhinos tonight but the Wolves could have won that if they'd put chances away better.

Results:
    Warrington 12 16 Leeds
    Hull FC 38 12 Huddersfield

• Advertisement

I watched the Warrington/Leeds match. I thought it was a good opener to the season. The finale got quite good.

Looking forward to seeing how Ben Barba gets on as the media seem to think he's the best bet for the Man of Steel award this year. I always enjoyed him in NRL.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Friday night games results.

Salford battered by Wigan 12 - 40
    St. Helens hammered Castleford 46 - 6
    Hull KR on their return to the top flight lost at home to Wakefield 6 - 28

Early to read much into things but the traditional big names have all had convincing wins.

Widnes look like they're on their way to decent win against Catalans.

In the Championship Toronto have opened up a decent lead against Leigh Centurions after trailing by 12, they now lead 26 to 12.

The London Broncos comfortable against Barrow Raiders this afternoon so far.

Liking the look of the Championship Table, can we end the season now please?

IMG_20180205_181512.jpg

Leeds v Hull KR today's TV game, kick off 7.45

Other game this evening is Huddersfield v Warrington.

• Advertisement

Defensive obstructions shouts are too harsh now.

Defensive obstructions shouts are too harsh now.

They are a long way off the sweet spot with a few infringement decisions. I dunno, officiating isn't improving imo.

Wakefield v Salford this evenings games on sky.

Tomorrow morning it's Wigan v Hull FC in the game they've moved to Australia then the evening it's Catalans v St. Helens.

Castleford v Widnes wraps up the round on Sunday.

Didn't really expect Catalan to get anything out of this evenings game, but they look very poor again this season.

In the Championship Toronto could only draw with Barrow (playing on a ploughed field!), and the London Broncos made it 2 wins from 2.

Freesports are going to start showing conference games too, so that's good news.

Didn't realise the Toronto game was televised. I was hoping to see Liam Kay as he impressed me at the World Cup.

Didn't realise the Toronto game was televised. I was hoping to see Liam Kay as he impressed me at the World Cup.

Yeah Premier/ Eir Sports 2 have all the Toronto games, Broncos are playing them in two weeks.

Hull KR v Catalan tonight, both looking for their first win of the season.

Dragons are woeful.

Melbourne Storm vs Leeds Rhinos tomorrow morning at 9am our time in the World Club Challenge. Build up begins from 8.30am on Sky Sports Arena. Storm seem to be slight favourites from the odds I've seen.

• Advertisement

Melbourne Storm vs Leeds Rhinos tomorrow morning at 9am our time in the World Club Challenge. Build up begins from 8.30am on Sky Sports Arena. Storm seem to be slight favourites from the odds I've seen.

Yeah, it's a funny one, I think a match sharp Rhinos should be slight favourites over a pre season Storm but bookies normally know what they're doing. (I'm still having a euro or two on Rhinos.) Looking forward to it anyway. McDermott isn't happy about the two referee scenario, it'll be interesting to see how they officiate tomorrow.

:pac: That's why the bookies make millions every year! Not much of a contest in the end.

Yeah I caught the highlights and after a promising start the gulf of class became evident. Storm look like they will be the team to beat this year once again.

Yeah I caught the highlights and after a promising start the gulf of class became evident. Storm look like they will be the team to beat this year once again.

Yeah, quality team unfortunately.

Tonight's Super League result Warrington won at Widnes 18 - 10.

Hull gave it a good go against St. George, much better game.

Yeah Hull gave a good account of themselves. I was disappointed by Wigan's performance, Tom Davies aside.

Broncos top of the league in the Championship. Three wins from three, another good win today against Featherstone Rovers, huge game next week against Toronto Wolfpack, win that and that'll really set down a marker.

4000 plus at the York v Bradford game in Championship One, pretty impressive.

Zak Hardaker has been sacked by Castleford, after his failed drug test last year. Obviously not a model professional off the pitch either, but someone will take a chance on him.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/21/castleford-dismiss-zak-hardaker-failed-drugs-test-cocaine

If he goes to Wigan that will be controversial.

• Advertisement

First v Second in the championship today @ 3pm. London Broncos v Toronto Wolfpack live on Eirsports 2/Premier Sports.

Here's hoping London carry on their winning ways!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement