Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hotpoint Washing machine not spinning

Options
  • 13-07-2020 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭

Will I have to get a plumber out? Could the brushes be worn or the drain pipe blocked. I wouldn't be confident fixing it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I doubt if you need a plumber. If the drain pipe was blocked, you'd have problems at all stages of the cycle, notjust the final spin. It's always worth checking the fluff filter, it's behind the little square plate at the bottom of the front of the machine. Take a look at the owner's manual and be aware that water will flow out from the filter when you open it.

By any chance have you accidently engaged the 'rinse hold' feature? This tells the machine to hold the clothes in the water at the end of the final rinse so they don't crease, as they are wont to do if left sitting there for a while after the spin. You then arrive home from work or shopping and tell it to drain and spin.

Advertisement