Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emirates First - current experience ex-DUB?

• 14-07-2020 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, anyone got experience yet of the modified service from Emirates out of Dublin? I am due to fly early August but have a flexi ticket if it comes to it.

The DAA website mentions their own lounges are closed (till September! Nonsense!) but The East Lounge that EK contract to isn’t mentioned. Helpful to know if it’s now open.

Really interested to know how the boarding process is being managed in Dublin with the 777. That’s potentially a lot of people waiting by the one gate. I assume unlike premium-heavy airports, Dublin is still using a single jet bridge to board all classes of passenger? Not exactly thrilled to board early if the entire Y and J cohort are filing past me grasping at seat backs.

As for on board service, the leather bound menus and hot towels are apparently gone for now. Replaced by single use paper menus and refresher towelettes. I can live with that but if meal service is diminished to the level of the pre-plated hot dishes served in business class I might look to postpone my trip.

Finally helpful to know if EK are still providing immigration fast track passes for DXB or if the arrivals COVID testing means everyone is herded into a single queue regardless of class

Advertisement