Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outbound flight cancelled, what about return flight refund?

Options
  • 13-07-2020 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Aer Lingus flights, DUB-ACE 11th Aug, return ACE-DUB 26th Aug. All flights were on the one reservation, under the same names and frequent flyer number.

I received an email today telling me that the outbound flight is cancelled and outlining I can apply for voucher or refund. I want to opt for refund but I cannot find any information about whether, if I apply for refund of the outbound flight and include details of the return flight, those are eligible for refund or they will deem that I'm cancelling the flight and therefore scupper my chances of getting a refund for that leg?

I cannot find anything that clarifies it here or on any other site.

If this is answered elsewhere, please feel free to point me to that.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Ring customer care tomorrow and ask for the full refund as it's under the one booking... chances are they will refund you..

Otherwise you have to wait and see if they cancel the ACE-Dub flight.

Aer Lingus are running at less than half capacity so this is going to be a big issue for a lot of people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Heard a woman on newstalk say your covered in that case. As said above apply for refund if both flights are under one booking and yku shoukd be ok

Advertisement