Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,290 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He even got to play a live action Bruce in the Crisis event on the CW shows.
    I recently watched all the DC animated films from recent years which included DC's proper answer the MCU. The DCAU
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Animated_Movie_Universe
    They were actually all pretty good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    spaced on Kevin Conroy -- i haven't seen batman the animated series since i was a child, anyone watch it recently? how does it hold up

Ran a Batman themed Werewolf game with Necro and Co over on the Games Forum recently and watched all the episodes of it while planning it. Still feckin brilliant!

If my first experience of Batman wasn't Keaton (at least my first serious, non Adam West Batman) maybe Conroy would be my no.1.

Keaton returning in the Flash movie could be a genius move. Obviously he won't be the focal point as it's a Flash movie but you gotta believe that'd make a lot of people want to see that movie. Flashpoint could even make Keaton replace Batfleck in the Justice League movies and then keep the Patterson movies separate.

Keaton could also work for a "The Dark Knight Returns " old Batman story down the line which would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Guys/gals, rank your favourite BRUCE WAYNE actors? For me it's

1. Michael Keaton
    2. Adam West
    3. Christian Bale
    4. Ben Affleck
    Val Kilmer and Clooney in the bin
    (I haven't seen Lego Batman with GOB so I can't comment)

For me anyways.

1. Kevin Conroy
    2. Michael Keaton
    3. Christian Bale
    4. Ben Affleck
    5. Will Arnett
    6. Iain Glenn
    7. Adam West
    8. David Mazouz

Less said about Kilmer/Clooney turns the better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Watched Hamilton on Disney+ tonight.

I'd kill to see a live preformance, but god the recorded one with the original cast was so, so great.

I must watch it to see what all the fuss is about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Watched Hamilton on Disney+ tonight.

I'd kill to see a live preformance, but god the recorded one with the original cast was so, so great.

Yea gonna watch it tomorrow evening id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I must watch it to see what all the fuss is about.

I feel the same. Am sure the gf would love me watching a musical too!

How many tv shows have used a line about getting/having tickets for Hamilton?
    Then saw it was about one of the founding fathers which threw me even more. Doesn't exactly sound like the most thrilling subject.
    Then again I enjoyed a musical set in 19th century France.

Am currently watching Kingdom (the Korean one). Just starting episode 3 of season 2. Really good series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

CastorTroy wrote: »

Am currently watching Kingdom (the Korean one). Just starting episode 3 of season 2. Really good series so far.

I'm watching that too. Actually, assuming you finished episode 3 we're at the same spot. Highly recommend it

• Advertisement

Yeah the rest of the season was really good as well. Now who knows how long we have to wait for season 3, if it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk Hogan in a Netflix biopic.

Brother.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk Hogan in a Netflix biopic.

Brother.

Guess he's got to do something while waiting for Thor: Love & Thunder to start production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will he go with the bleach blond bald mullet or keep his full head of hair I wonder.

Will he go with the bleach blond bald mullet or keep his full head of hair I wonder.

He says he'll be going with the blonde balding look. Todd Phillips directing apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chris Hemsworth and Bradley Cooper are producing

• Advertisement

I'll take a rain check on it anyways.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll take a rain check on it anyways.

Wonder if Hulk has creative control?

Pentecost wrote: »
    Wonder if Hulk has creative control?

I'm assuming he would have some input on it. His ego wouldn't allow him to be sidelined in telling his story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully it starts with Hogan turning down being the Metallica bass player ;) and ends with him shagging his best mates wife while using racist language.

That won't work for me brother.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed Hamilton more than I expected to.
    Mad that Disney originally planned on waiting until next year to show it.

Now to try and get that one part of a song out of my head
    "Da da da da da, da da de da da"

Palm Springs is a really funny, sweet film. A great version of the Groundhog Day story with some really likable leads.

Only heard about it during the week. Went through a time loop phase recently, watching the Happy Death Day films, 12:01 and Russian Doll. Couple others as well I think. So must check this out. Short as well which is always a plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Been watching Veep myself. Such a great cast and the comedic writing is top notch.

Oh man, I can't wait for this.

And the new Psych film is out this week as well

Uncharted game adaption film has finally started filming with Tom Holland (Drake), Mark Wahlberg (Sully) and Antonio Banderas directed by Ruben Fleischer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Uncharted game adaption film has finally started filming with Tom Holland (Drake), Mark Wahlberg (Sully) and Antonio Banderas directed by Ruben Fleischer

Oh noice! I really hope we get to see it. These kind of adaptions are big-budget and in danger of falling through (like the Halo movie). Hopefully they've spent too much to not quit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Been watching a lot of Curb your Enthusiasm. Have to say, the more i watch of Larry David the more I feel like he was the comic genius behind Seinfeld. Like the style of Larry's humour is all over Curbed - and you can hear it in Seinfeld, whilst pure "Jerry" is the unfunny observational humour! Jason Alexander (George) has some fascinating interview clips on youtube where he sheds some cool insight (and politely alludes to this, saying the writing wasn't nearly as good esp for George after Larry left).

Enjoying Curbed, although it takes some getting used to. It's a lot more cringe than Seinfeld; it's very down-trodden, like everyone's self-esteem is riding on winning some really nit-picky point. V similar to seinfeld in that it's about exploring the unspoken social rules. Like, Ben Stiller invites Larry to his birthday party, but it's two weeks after his actual birthday; Larry contends it's no longer his birthday - maybe 3 days afterwards but this is taking the píss, and refuses to sing Happy Birthday :D

So I ask ya, how long after someone's birthday should you still be allowed celebrate it?

I'd say it has to either be that same week, or within a 7 day time limit. Otherwise it's just a party! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

The Ricky Gervais Larry David interview may be worth a look-see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I know i'm super late to the party, but started watching Narcos on Netflix the other day, and i'm hooked. Escobar was some character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Love Curb, especially the Producers season and any scene with Leon. Some situations so contrived and unvleirvable that people would argue over things that are an extremely trival or non issues. But over all, Larry is excellent and its always a show I look forward to every new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ridley wrote: »
    The Ricky Gervais Larry David interview may be worth a look-see.

HMsgLW4.jpg

Oh, you did!

The Rock highest paid actor for a second year

HBO Max have announced a "West Wing Reunion".

They've announced their going to do a stage version of Hartsfield Landing, an episode from Season 3, with most of the main actors back in their roles. Sorkin will write some new material to slot in as well (presumably to write around some actors who can't make it, or to give cameos to actors who weren't in the show at that point but became leads later).

Thrilled we're getting "new" content :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,889 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

watched a new series called Ted Lasso. A lot of bad acting with annoying characters esp Jason Sudeikis in the lead role but will still watch it as its one of those its medicore but little interesting at the same time

Not as bad as the Brews Brothers on Netflix, that was tripe

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    watched a new series called Ted Lasso. A lot of bad acting with annoying characters esp Jason Sudeikis in the lead role but will still watch it as its one of those its medicore but little interesting at the same time

That was terrible

I watched the entire series :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'd recommend The Peanut Butter Falcon on Netflix, it's about a lad with Down's Syndrome who runs away from his care home to follow his dream of becoming a Pro Wrestler. Very enjoyable movie with a couple of fun cameos too.

Started watching The Boys on Amazon Prime, seriously can't wait for Season 2 in early September.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Started watching The Boys on Amazon Prime, seriously can't wait for Season 2 in early September.

I love Billy and Dean Winchester aka Jensen Ackles is joining

Macaulay Culkin is 40 today, Kevin all grown up and seems to have got himself together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’m actually really enjoying Lasso. My wife enjoys it aswell, hard to find shows we can both enjoy together. Harmless bit of fun.

RIP Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther) died of colon cancer aged 43, keep his battle private

• Advertisement

Haven't watched it yet so could suck but thought this might interest some.

Starting from 1hr22m I think

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Smith - Movie Trivia competition

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Suicide Squad (James Gunn)

Is this a reboot ?

Is this a reboot ?

I thought sequel, no. 2