Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel republic

Options
  • 05-04-2020 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Anybody booked with travel republic?
    Impossible to get in contact with them
    I'm booked to go to tenerife may the 3rd,
    Have first instalment paid around 750,for flights
    The remainder is due on 19th of April nearly 900 euro
    Should I pay?
    I can log into aerlingus and change the flights myself they gave me the code for the flights
    Dunno what too do,probably rather just get the money back,but heard aerlingus are hard to get money out of

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

Ive two bookings with them for a trip to Argentina.
    I contacted them through their app.
    Download it and register and your trip will be there.
    When you click into the trip there’s an option to contact them. Message them and let them reply to you.
    It could take a while but the thread of the contacts stays there so it shows you attempted to make contact.
    They’ve replied to me and they pushed out the due dats for the payment as they said they are working with the suppliers for a full refund.

Mrtm17 wrote: »
    Anybody booked with travel republic?
    Impossible to get in contact with them
    I'm booked to go to tenerife may the 3rd,
    Have first instalment paid around 750,for flights
    The remainder is due on 19th of April nearly 900 euro
    Should I pay?
    I can log into aerlingus and change the flights myself they gave me the code for the flights
    Dunno what too do,probably rather just get the money back,but heard aerlingus are hard to get money out of

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

johnire wrote: »
    Ive two bookings with them for a trip to Argentina.
    I contacted them through their app.
    Download it and register and your trip will be there.
    When you click into the trip there’s an option to contact them. Message them and let them reply to you.
    It could take a while but the thread of the contacts stays there so it shows you attempted to make contact.
    They’ve replied to me and they pushed out the due dats for the payment as they said they are working with the suppliers for a full refund.
    Yea I tryed 5hat 2 weeks ago,still nothing, says in progress still

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭JimmyChew

Same boat.

Family holiday booked for July through travel republic. Paid about e1200 and due to pay another e2000 in June.

Cant get through to anyone and am pretty much in limbo, same as everyone.

I have a bit of grace in that I'm not due to pay the last installment until June but to be honest I just want to cancel now and get my money back. Flights are with Ryanair so I'm dead in the water there already.

There's thousands of us so surely something will need to be done for folk who are in this jam. Terms and conditions need to be looked at, reviewed and amended in these exceptional circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

How did you get on with Travel Responding in the end?

Looks like they are processing refunds. But a big back log will surely push the below out further & further.

We’re delighted to announce that we are now processing refunds for holidays affected by Covid-19.
    With the scale of this situation and the number of customers affected, we understand that this is an unsettling time for everyone. We also appreciate and apologise for the extensive time taken to secure this outcome for you and so we hope this announcement alleviates any concerns you may have had during this very challenging time.

From Monday 4 May we will start issuing full cash refunds to all Package Holiday customers and for those with flexible rate bookings, this money will be paid back in full, with no dependency on whether we have received money back from the supplier.

To make the refund process as fair as possible, our Customer Service team will be processing each individual refund in strict departure date order. We will begin issuing refunds from week commencing 4 May 2020. This will be for all holidays that were affected up to and including 22 March 2020. We will continue this on a rolling weekly basis, with refunds issued 7 weeks from the original departure week.
    Our refund schedule is laid out below and you’ll receive a quick email from us the week before the payment will be made, so you know when to expect your refund.

• For customer due to travel week-ending 22nd March, you will receive your refund week commencing 4th May
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 29th March, you will receive your refund week commencing 11th May
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 5th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 18th May
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 12th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 25th May
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 19th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 1st June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 26th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 8th June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 3rd May, you will receive your refund week commencing 15th June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 10th May, you will receive your refund week commencing 22nd June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 17th May, you will receive your refund week commencing 29th June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 24th May, you will receive your refund week commencing 6th July
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 31st May, you will receive your refund week commencing 13th July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

JimmyChew wrote: »
    Looks like they are processing refunds. But a big back log will surely push the below out further & further.

We’re delighted to announce that we are now processing refunds for holidays affected by Covid-19.
    With the scale of this situation and the number of customers affected, we understand that this is an unsettling time for everyone. We also appreciate and apologise for the extensive time taken to secure this outcome for you and so we hope this announcement alleviates any concerns you may have had during this very challenging time.

From Monday 4 May we will start issuing full cash refunds to all Package Holiday customers and for those with flexible rate bookings, this money will be paid back in full, with no dependency on whether we have received money back from the supplier.

To make the refund process as fair as possible, our Customer Service team will be processing each individual refund in strict departure date order. We will begin issuing refunds from week commencing 4 May 2020. This will be for all holidays that were affected up to and including 22 March 2020. We will continue this on a rolling weekly basis, with refunds issued 7 weeks from the original departure week.
    Our refund schedule is laid out below and you’ll receive a quick email from us the week before the payment will be made, so you know when to expect your refund.

• For customer due to travel week-ending 22nd March, you will receive your refund week commencing 4th May
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 29th March, you will receive your refund week commencing 11th May
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 5th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 18th May
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 12th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 25th May
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 19th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 1st June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 26th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 8th June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 3rd May, you will receive your refund week commencing 15th June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 10th May, you will receive your refund week commencing 22nd June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 17th May, you will receive your refund week commencing 29th June
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 24th May, you will receive your refund week commencing 6th July
    • For customer due to travel week-ending 31st May, you will receive your refund week commencing 13th July

Did you cancel your booking with them?

I have only paid a small amount off a hotel with them for travel July 26th and balance isn't due until July 12th, but wondering if I cancel the booking will I get the money refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evster

Received this message, thoughts on requesting to formally cancel instead of asking for a refund?

"Dear Customer,

Sadly, in light of the continued advice from the Foreign Commonwealth Office / Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade against all but essential travel, we understand your holiday may not go ahead.

As you have purchased a non-refundable room with one of our hotel suppliers, we cannot automatically cancel your booking and refund you as we need your prior permission to do so.

If you are unable to continue with your holiday plans and wish to cancel your booking, please let us know by 12pm on Friday 22nd May.

Once you have told us you want to cancel your booking, we will then negotiate with our supplier for the best possible outcome for you.

What do you need to do now?

1. Reply directly to this message stating you wish to cancel by 12pm on Friday 22nd May
    2. Once we have received your cancellation request we can start the cancellation process.
    3. When we have a response from your supplier we will be in contact to explain the options available to you.
    4. If we do not hear back from you, we will not cancel your booking and therefore not approach suppliers for any options of reimbursement.

Kind regards,

The Travel Republic Team "

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

They just cancelled our booking for 23\6 no email nothing , just in my account I can see it ,
    Wait and see what happens next I suppose,flights with aer Lingus still showing going,,,

Update:

Was due to travel 04/07 through Travel republic. Both hotel & flights(Ryanair) booked through them. They had canceled and had been processing refunds for travelers up to 21/06. They emailed me 2 week's ago and said they were putting any outstanding payments due in June on hold and to sit tight they would be in touch on the 12/06.
    Low and behold they got in contact today and offered full refund or free transfer to a later date or voucher for paid amount!

Needless to say i grabbed the refund which they are saying will take 7 weeks. I have confidence in them, i believe they will come through (unless they go belly up in the meantime)

Well done travelrepublic.ie

I will use them again in the future.

I had a few hotel bookings with them.
    All of them have been cancelled and refunded. I got numerous emails from them keeping in the loop as to what was happening.
    I have to say they were exceptional and I will definitely be using them in the future.
    JimmyChew wrote: »
    Update:

Was due to travel 04/07 through Travel republic. Both hotel & flights(Ryanair) booked through them. They had canceled and had been processing refunds for travelers up to 21/06. They emailed me 2 week's ago and said they were putting any outstanding payments due in June on hold and to sit tight they would be in touch on the 12/06.
    Low and behold they got in contact today and offered full refund or free transfer to a later date or voucher for paid amount!

Needless to say i grabbed the refund which they are saying will take 7 weeks. I have confidence in them, i believe they will come through (unless they go belly up in the meantime)

Well done travelrepublic.ie

I will use them again in the future.

• Advertisement

Due to fly to Tenerife on August 5th. Have received email that balance is due on July 22nd. I'm not sure what to do as I don't think we'll be traveling as one child is starting secondary School on August 23rd. Should I allow the remaining balance be paid with the hope of getting a full refund or should I take the hot on the fight costs now?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Due to fly to Tenerife on August 5th. Have received email that balance is due on July 22nd. I'm not sure what to do as I don't think we'll be traveling as one child is starting secondary School on August 23rd. Should I allow the remaining balance be paid with the hope of getting a full refund or should I take the hot on the fight costs now?

As far as I know they suspended all balance payments. Raise a customer support query through the website.

Thanks, I remember seeing that somewhere but can't find it now. I contacted them last week and am still waiting for a response.

Check in their app the date that the balance is due. I know with mine they pushed it out by a few weeks and in the meantime worked on the actual cancellation.
    I have to say I was really impressed with them and will definitely use them again in the future. I’d advise definitely to raise a query/cancellation request-they won’t necessarily reply but it’s really important to show that you did make the request. The rest is up to them.
    Thanks, I remember seeing that somewhere but can't find it now. I contacted them last week and am still waiting for a response.

Advertisement