Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearance around Free Standing Freezer

Options
  • 12-07-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I'm currently making some shelves in my garage and want to put my freestanding freezer in a cubby hole. I have 70mm clearance to the top and back for air but either side of the freezer I only have approx. 5mm each. Is this clearance enough or do I need to allow more space than the 5mm on left and right hand side of the appliance?

I am trying to use 1220mm wide plywood and split it in half to use as shelves. If I have to go wider than 605mm, I have a lot of waste and am trying to avoid it and make 2 shelves from one sheet of the plywood.

My freezer is here and it's manual on that link says leave space on either side but doesn't specify the width. It does however specify 50mm top and behind, hence my question.

Advertisement