Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miele C3 Suction Issues

• 07-07-2020 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭

Hi folks - someone here who has one might know as we're at a bit of a loss. We've a Miele C3 and it's been great since we got it. Recently, it seems to have have issues with suction that feels exactly as if something was blocking it. When it's turned on, the red suction indicator is at full immediately, even if lifted off the ground. Here's what we've checked and replaced:

1. No blockage in head, long metal handle or flexi tube - issue still there while these are removed
    2. Bag empty - replaced with new official Miele bag to rule it out (was generic bag previously).
    3. Both filter replaced with official Miele filters (2 filters behind the bag).

Is there anything I'm missing here? I feel like it's something simple that I'm just not getting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

You say hose brush etc clear; remove the hose from the vac and turn it on and put their palm of your hand across where the hose fits, it should pull strongly on your hand if not there is air flow restriction within the vac either filter or bag, otherwise it’s back to he hose, drop something like a marble in one end of the hose while holding it upright it should come flying out the other end, if it stops note the point that is where the blockage is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

You say hose brush etc clear; remove the hose from the vac and turn it on and put their palm of your hand across where the hose fits, it should pull strongly on your hand if not there is air flow restriction within the vac either filter or bag, otherwise it’s back to he hose, drop something like a marble in one end of the hose while holding it upright it should come flying out the other end, if it stops note the point that is where the blockage is

So for the vacuum head, I can hold it up to the light and see there's a clear path. I've put a coat hanger through is a few times for good measure. For the metal tube, I can just see straight through it, For the flexi tube, I've put a broom handle the whole way through but will pop a marble through it later to confirm. When all of these are off, there's strong suction from the hole that goes into the bag. I wonder if the filters need to be in in a particular direction?

Advertisement