Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seiko Marine Master professional SBBN037

Options
  • 26-06-2020 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭

I've wanted one of these for years now

1dd3fbcee449690fe9b817a6388338a4.jpg

It was only sold new in Japan and in small numbers. Expensive - EUR860 shipped is the cheapest I can find. I know I should wait until the day I shall finally visit Japan, or get someone to bring it back for me. But neither is likely to happen anytime soon

My finger is on the trigger to order one from Japan, anyone any comments on that? I know I'm going to lose money on it if I ever sold it again, particularly if I get stung for VAT bringing it in. Surely nobody has one for sale around here or knows of any for sale elsewhere? I can't view sales corner on TZUK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

unkel wrote: »
    I've wanted one of these for years now

1dd3fbcee449690fe9b817a6388338a4.jpg

It was only sold new in Japan and in small numbers. Expensive - EUR860 shipped is the cheapest I can find. I know I should wait until the day I shall finally visit Japan, or get someone to bring it back for me. But neither is likely to happen anytime soon

My finger is on the trigger to order one from Japan, anyone any comments on that? I know I'm going to lose money on it if I ever sold it again, particularly if I get stung for VAT bringing it in. Surely nobody has one for sale around here or knows of any for sale elsewhere? I can't view sales corner on TZUK.

That’s a cracking looking watch

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I think that picture was enhanced a bit by its owner, apparently the blue only really comes out fully like that in bright sunlight. But I like that picture :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I think that picture was enhanced a bit by its owner, apparently the blue only really comes out fully like that in bright sunlight. But I like that picture :-)

That's because it's not a photo you've taken :P
    If you took the photo, the value would already have dropped a few hundred quid ;)
    Seriously tho!

Absolutely cracking watch, hopefully one of the lads with TZUK sales access can take a look there for you as it's a bloody stunner!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Only one ever sold on TZ. January this year.

Advertised at 600 sterling and sold in 20 minutes from the add.

Damn. If there was one for sale now for that sort of money I wouldn't even try and negotiate money off. And no, I'm not ill. :p

• Advertisement

Pulled the trigger. Just had to do it :eek:

That means all my other watches except the Rolex are now up for the chop. I'll post some details in the selling / swapping thread soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Looks amazing, I think you made a good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Pulled the trigger. Just had to do it :eek:

That means all my other watches except the Rolex are now up for the chop. I'll post some details in the selling / swapping thread soon.

If you need someone to take photos for you :D :pac:

Thirdfox wrote: »
    If you need someone to take photos for you :D :pac:

It won't be for sale, so no need to take pictures for my ad :D

But here's the thing. You are honing your photography skills. I have observed that others in here reckon you are not quite up to scratch. It would of course help your business with the Solas watches if you either get a pro in like david's missus or upskill yourself.

Somehow I get the impression that you want to do it yourself. Here is my challenge to you and I'm being serious. You take a picture of my SBBN037 and publish it in this thread (digitally enhance it if you like) that is at least as beautiful as the one in my OP

Go on, I challenge you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Good stuff Unkel - I like your post!

Helping a 'mate' by challenging him (positively) a bit - in an area that's important for him!

• Advertisement

It won't be for sale, so no need to take pictures for my ad :D

But here's the thing. You are honing your photography skills. I have observed that others in here reckon you are not quite up to scratch. It would of course help your business with the Solas watches if you either get a pro in like david's missus or upskill yourself.

Somehow I get the impression that you want to do it yourself. Here is my challenge to you and I'm being serious. You take a picture of my SBBN037 and publish it in this thread (digitally enhance it if you like) that is at least as beautiful as the one in my OP

Go on, I challenge you!

I had meant the other watches you're planning on putting up on adverts. But also tongue in cheek.

And as for taking more photos - the day job might get int the way of that - too much fun today means I'll need to put in some extra hours tomorrow on the other side :D

We could do a photo competiton of let's PS unkel's watch and see who makes the most fun one :D

Edit: if you're interested in doing selective colour/b&w - that's relatively easy (and there are even phone apps that will do it quickly too) - no need for a desktop or complicated software.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    And as for taking more photos - the day job might get int the way of that

That sounds to me like you're not accepting the challenge!

Put up a large resolution colour photo of the watch on your wrist once you get it on this thread and we can go about PS-ing it look like the shot above ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

will you be hit for import tax when it arrives? I had two watches come in and both avoided customs. i think it depends on courier

We'll have to see. Hope not of course :)

And there is no import duty on watches, but technically there is VAT due of 23%.

We'll have to see. Hope not of course :)

And there is no import duty on watches, but technically there is VAT due of 23%.

Heh - there is substantial duty on watches - I think 5% of declared value(?) - BUT - it is limited to maximum of 80c per watch :D

https://www.tariffnumber.com/2020/91022100

I was blanching at the extra cost in import duties for the Starlight until I saw the last line and looked at what "per specie" meant :P

Advertisement