Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge being repurposed question

Options
  • 22-06-2020 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Any fridge experts on here? I have a question for you..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

What is the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭rje66

What is the question?

I do home brewing and have an under counter fridge that had an ice box inside. I had to cut out part of this ice box in order to fit in equipment. I've cut through small pipes in the floor of the ice box. Its leaking the coolant in small amounts. My question is, is the whole fridge knackered as a result or would these be just for the ice box bit. I'll see if I can upload a pic. Fridge was a working one I picked up from the recycling centre. So nothing lost if its knackered.
    Thanks hope this makes sense.

What is the question?

I do home brewing and have an under counter fridge that had an ice box inside. I had to cut out part of this ice box in order to fit in equipment. I've cut through small pipes in the floor of the ice box. Its leaking the coolant in small amounts. My question is, is the whole fridge knackered as a result or would these be just for the ice box bit. I'll see if I can upload a pic. Fridge was a working one I picked up from the recycling centre. So nothing lost if its knackered.
    Thanks hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

If you have cut through the coolant pipes it's knackered. The minute the motor starts up it will pump the remaining fluid out of the fridge.

See attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

rje66 wrote: »
    Fridge was a working one I picked up from the recycling centre. So nothing lost if its knackered.

Only the ozone layer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

rje66 wrote: »
    So nothing lost if its knackered.

How socially irresponsible

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 zeebests

Accidents happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If it’s any consolation you are not.the first to do something like this.nearly always impossible to repair a puncture in an evaporator but I have had success if the hole was small

• Advertisement

Thanks for replies. Live n learn I guess.

Advertisement