Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Home LPG Combi Boiler Usage

Options
  • 01-11-2019 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a winter pack, double glazed 38x12 mobile home with a 23.8 kW Combi Boiler for the cental heating, hot water, oven, hob and shower.

I'm planning on running the combi boiler on 3 x 47kg Propane bottles paralleled on a manifold with an auto changeover to a single 19kg bottle to give me a day or two to get 3 x new 47kg bottles.

I've done the calculations and have worked out that each bottle will give me approx. 650 kwh x 3 = 1950 kwh. This will give me 80 hours at full tilt on the 3 bottles (providing efficiency of the boiler remains 94%).

Question is, has anyone got real world experience of living in one over the winter (worst case scenario) and how long a 47kg bottle lasts?

I'm planning on having the heating on for an hour in the morning, 3 in the evening, oven for around 30 mins a day and 2 showers.

DubLaddie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Is it BS3632 Residential Specification?

You can work out heatloss at a given temperature from uvalue which you should be able to get from the manufacturer.

e.g. Pemberton BS3632 u values are:
    Windows 1.6
    Walls 0.32
    Floor 0.32
    Ceiling 0.18

Boiler sounds oversized, efficiency will be less than advertised.

Assuming you are paying retail prices for the propane bottles even peak electricity will be cheaper.

Off peak electricity could be 1/3 of the price of gas bottles.

If you have / can have your own independent meter then I would get a dual tarriff installed and use night electricity to heat it with the gas for backup.

Advertisement