Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost in Space (Netflix) [** Spoilers **]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Whoah. That's a growth spurt. Wonder will the show even touch that.

Must remind myself how season 2 ended cos like many CoVid delayed shows my memory is fuzzy.

Looking forward to seeing how the story finishes; after a sluggish start it quickly became a very enjoyable show.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

@JP Liz V1 Do you actually read the threads you post in 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The damn last pages didn't load so didn't know it was already posted, frustrating layout

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

Final season dropped today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Will probably be the weekend before I get to take a look. Hawkeye and The Orville need to be finished first. But, all 8 episodes dropped in one go. Can't remember the last TV show I watched that did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was a great final season

It could have done with a better recap at the start as it's been 2 years since season 2.

Over all a very enjoyable series and they gave it a good ending.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jaysus, busy weekend lads? Only caught the first episode myself lol.

Though chalk this up as another series where CoVid made me forget whatever went down in the finale of season 2. And they made no concessions either: boom straight into the action.

I had missed the DIY, McGuyver'esque dangers the cast would find themselves in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

needed a intro, I didnt buy that a bunch of teenagers could scale 2 miles of vertical rock and making s flying suit out of a tent, yeah sure whatever.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Uh, is this the first time you've watched the show? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

binged it all yesterday nursing a hangover

enjoyable final season

felt they upped the budget for this season as there seemed to be a lot more effects shots

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

It is a while since it was on so my memory is dimmed but the cliff thing I just found a little too egregious

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

The show's modus operandi has always been this family of hyper-capable explorers; to be fair, it's at least rationalised that the colonists are supposed to be "the best of the best" types. IIRC in Season 1, the twist was Will's records were faked 'cos he wasn't like the rest, and was to be left behind otherwise.

Plus as someone who used to do climbing and bouldering in his spare time, I can perfectly believe a set of teens would scale that height. Youth is wasted on the young.

Gotta shout out how good this show has always looked from day 1. Great use of FX (who clearly have been given the time and/or money), the cinematic aspect ratio and smart set-pieces to make this show more exciting and convincing than many Hollywood blockbusters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

It's a fantastic family show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Finished it yesterday.

I almost gave up after the first 2 episodes of season 2. I was just bored compared to season one.

Kept going though and season3 was great. Sad to see its the last season, but at least unlike so many shows, they were able to have a proper ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Good final season but there was a lot more story to tell.

Decent Scifi just doesn't last at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,052 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Really enjoyed season 3. Looked really good, plenty of action. As said above, good family show, doesnt try to shock too much

• Advertisement

Bumping the thread if only to tip my hat at Episode 5, and the blatant, unashamed recreation of the Toilet bomb sequence from Lethal Weapon 2 😁 Now that's a homage.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

good safe TV to watch with family

Advertisement