Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCI Road World Chanmpionships

• 27-08-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Looks an interesting course.

Irish team announced.
    Elite Men
    Nicholas Roche
    Dan Martin
    Final road rider to be one from Ronan McLaughlin / Matt Brammeier / Philip Deignan

M Hutchinson & D McCann both for TT
    Interesting that Hutchinson can represent us in the TT and no decision has been made with regards to the 3rd spot on the RR team. Hard to see what they're waiting on. Maybe just hanging Brammeier out to dry.

Will also be interesting to see how Caroline Ryan fares and whether she maybe should have ditched the Olympic track aspirations earlier in the hope of making the Olympic RR.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Looks an interesting course.

Irish team announced.

Interesting that Hutchinson can represent us in the TT and no decision has been made with regards to the 3rd spot on the RR team. Hard to see what they're waiting on. Maybe just hanging Brammeier out to dry.

Will also be interesting to see how Caroline Ryan fares and whether she maybe should have ditched the Olympic track aspirations earlier in the hope of making the Olympic RR.

"Hanging Brammeier out to dry" ridiculous

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Given she managed a bronze medal in the World Championships Points Race it's clear to me that she did the right thing sticking to the track over last Winter. She may have managed to qualify for the Olympics with a different strategy, but I suspect her medal chances would have always been remote if she had.

Hutchinson in the TT will be very interesting though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Beasty wrote: »
    Given she managed a bronze medal in the World Championships Points Race it's clear to me that she did the right thing sticking to the track over last Winter. She may have managed to qualify for the Olympics with a different strategy, but I suspect her medal chances would have always been remote if she had.

Hutchinson in the TT will be very interesting though

The Womens Olympic RR required the person to be ranked in the top 100. It was almost impossible for Caroline to get into th top 100 because she would have needed to be racing at the same level as siobhan and getting points. Hutchinson has an IRL code on his licence so is good to go. I think NR and DM are almost shoe ins looking at their form. For the other lads its probably a case of who gets the nod based on current form. its a hillyish course so you will need to be able to get over the lumps.

Advertisement