Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lap of the lough anyone ?

Options
  • 26-08-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I had grand day in the north of the country doin this, i milled around with the lead group nice and flat and fast ave 21mph so they tell me just over 34kph for 140km nonstop nice group of lads well run event,anyone else from theses parts do it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BERmad

Yes I done it really enjoyed it great weather and most of the roads were good I tought the food stops could have been better. The flat roads were great for keeping the avg speed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I did this yesterday.
    I was a bit out of my comfort zone, but finished in the first group.
    I really enjoyed it. My average speed was 34.2 kph, for 137.18K, just on the 4 hours.
    Here is my garmin, for anybody, who might be interested.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/215172608

I think, I may have been in the same group as Killalerr.
    I was the old, fat guy in the pink "Tour of Meath" jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I think, I may have been in the same group as Killalerr.
    I was the old, fat guy in the pink "Tour of Meath" jersey.

Nice meet you that was some train you got on to ok that was me in the swords gear,my average was a little bit higher as i had to chase for about 5/6 miles to get on to the group i done my bit at the front until about 30 mile out,after that i was feelin the burn a bit we lost a few at the foot bridge but i managed to chase back on without to much trauma
    Cant comment on the food stops other than the finish where we were well looked after and not much in the way of scenery but the weather made it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

just 5mph off the average speed of the tour de france
    jasus am i glad i dont do these sportives:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

just 5mph off the average speed of the tour de france
    jasus am i glad i dont do these sportives:D:D

I'm afraid, there is very little comparison. I was able to do the entire sportive
    in the big ring, albeit a "50". There were NO hills, conditions were well nigh perfect, and we were in a great group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'm afraid, there is very little comparison. I was able to do the entire sportive
    in the big ring, albeit a "50". There were NO hills, conditions were well nigh perfect, and we were in a great group.
    don't knock yourself eamon very impressive bit of cycling way beyond me :eek:
    so glad i'm on a cycling touring bike :cool:

Advertisement