Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundwood GP / Christy McManus Memorial

Options
  • 09-06-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭

Just a quick note, there was a nasty crash at the end of the A4 race today. The word when I left race hq was that the rider was conscious and talking, in case anyone was worried.

mods, if this ain't appropriate, please let me know/delete.

Race report to follow.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fine to mention the incident so long as there are no names, further description of what happened or suggestions of fault

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

Cool. I know name and club, but wasn't in the race myself, so no idea what went wrong. Not looking for speculation either.

On a lighter note, the A3s barrelled around the course. Raphaman and Wheelworx, a Barrow Wheeler and a few Bray Wheelers kept the pace high. I stayed near the front, wanted to be sure to get in any break. I attacked and pushed hard when I could, trying to wear down the bunch, but it never fully worked. Six of us in a breakaway going across the line with the bell, but only four and a half working, got caught. Just tried to stay close to the front then, but was a row or two further back than ideal when coming around the last bend. Went from wheel to wheel during the sprint (along that slightly scary walled in 'bridge'), and over the line in a decent position. Counted the riders ahead of me... six of them! DAMMIT!

Won by a French lad, guesting with Shannonside.

Back to base, asked around, there's unplaced A3 prizes, happy days. Wait around for the prize giving, but they gave them to the A2s because they never caught us. Apparently they took a wrong turn, and there was a horse-related incident. Excuses, excuses... :D

Good day out, 150km all in, not as much as the evil 200km, but not far off. ;) Wasn't as hilly as I thought it'd be, more rolling. Was close to the threshold a lot of the time. Didn't really think I'd have legs for the sprint after doing so much work, but should've had more confidence. Meath GP tomorrow, going to go sleep now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Not a nice crash at all. I didn't see it, it happened just behind me, but it was a fairly dicey sprint. The Christy MacManus was delayed by nearly an hour and a half while waiting for the injured to be treated and a HSE ambulance to arrive. Three crashes in A4 today, one on the first lap and the other two in the gallop to the finish.

Came in 8th overall, just outside the placings.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

Thanks buffalo, good news about that fellow, hope everyone's ok, I have one lads bottles if he happens to see this post I can get them back to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 grahamhyland

DKO wrote: »
    Thanks buffalo, good news about that fellow, hope everyone's ok, I have one lads bottles if he happens to see this post I can get them back to him.

Just Seeing the post now!
    Thanks for looking after me donagh , I really appreaciated your help that day & dont worry about the bidons either got them replaced!

G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

No problem, happy to have been able to help..... hope you had no lasting damage after the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 grahamhyland

DKO wrote: »
    No problem, happy to have been able to help..... hope you had no lasting damage after the crash.

Thanks
    Well i missed 2 weeks work, Back on bike now but holidays, family & canceled race league means no fitness. So wont race till next year.
    Other than that i'm fit as a fiddle
    cheers

Advertisement