Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

ongarboy wrote: »
    Any update on Starbucks opening date in Thomas St? Does the unit even look like its being fitted out yet?

I get the feeling you haven't really been following this thread:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Mr.H wrote: »
    Speaking of ToysRUs it may be off topic slightly but they are having a huge open day Saturday. I read that they are having a petting zoo and giant robot from 10 Saturday morning for anyone who might wanna bring the kids out. Never seen the ToysRUs jobs advertised. Flippin place

Once they're open head out with a CV, they'll be hiring Christmas staff almost immediately and also they'll cut loose anyone who doesn't work out within the first couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

zulutango wrote: »
    Actually, we've very few convenience stores in the city centre!!

Coffee shops on the other hand ...

Well I'm predicting the return of the Pub to Limerick city centre streets within the next 3 to 4 years and if anyone is interested in investing, I plan on reopening Teds with the latest technology in unstickable carpets!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

ongarboy wrote: »
    Any update on Starbucks opening date in Thomas St? Does the unit even look like its being fitted out yet?

Nope, not yet. I work in town so I'll report back when I see anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Well I'm predicting the return of the Pub to Limerick city centre streets within the next 3 to 4 years and if anyone is interested in investing, I plan on reopening Teds with the latest technology in unstickable carpets!!:)

That's actually one sector that has declined a fair bit in Limerick. A good few pubs have closed in town over the last 10 years and not too many new ones have opened up. This would be in direct contrast to the likes of Cork where a good few new venues have come on stream.

Limerick has some excellent bars but we could do with some further variety in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Vanquished wrote: »
    That's actually one sector that has declined a fair bit in Limerick. A good few pubs have closed in town over the last 10 years and not too many new ones have opened up. This would be in direct contrast to the likes of Cork where a good few new venues have come on stream.

Limerick has some excellent bars but we could do with some further variety in fairness!

Nancy Blakes has taken over since the smoking ban came in back in 2004. I doubt there's less drinking going on in down, but Nancy Blake's share of the market has increased steadily. It's hard to see any other pub challenging their hegemony any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

Nancy's was always wedged, how it maintained popularity is a fabulous Job.

He then bought Tom Collins to get the older crowd (me - it's gone awful loud in here) who only ogled the young ones out , the next move is the get the older Tom Collins crowd to shag off out to the more sedate Woodfield. Big wheel keeps on turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Waggaboo

Kenny B wrote: »
    Nancy's was always wedged, how it maintained popularity is a fabulous Job.

He then bought Tom Collins to get the older crowd (me - it's gone awful loud in here) who only ogled the young ones out , the next move is the get the older Tom Collins crowd to shag off out to the more sedate Woodfield. Big wheel keeps on turning.

That's a terrific piece of analysis!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Redpears

Drove past the infamous mucky duck tis evening seems to be a new pub there now twisted .... (Something) was the name of it couldn't catch it all as i didn't notice until I was nearly gone past !

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Redpears wrote: »
    Drove past the infamous mucky duck tis evening seems to be a new pub there now twisted .... (Something) was the name of it couldn't catch it all as i didn't notice until I was nearly gone past !

Reopened three weeks ago , twisted jimmys :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Redpears

Any update on management ? Hopefully the building is turning over a new leaf

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭phog

Redpears wrote: »

Where is this pub? Can't say I know it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

phog wrote: »

Nicholas Street, just up from the courthouse luckily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

phog wrote: »

Formerly Dick Devanes. Intersection of Nicholas and Athlunkard.

Some tailbacks on Dublin and Childres yesterday.
    I've always found Toysrus to be poor in the UK, wonder is it any better here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Some tailbacks on Dublin and Childres yesterday.
    I've always found Toysrus to be poor in the UK, wonder is it any better here.

I wasn't impressed. Prices were shocking compared to Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

I thought it was a little all over the place in there to be honest and i think having smyths around for so long prices seemed a bit high

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Dont know what i was expecitng with toys r us, just seemed like smyths with a different logo. Didnt check the prices at the time, was far too busy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Was in toys r us at the weekend, way too busy to have a proper look around,. But the few items my son was looking at were cheaper in smyths and cheaper still in argos.

I know the UK stores fairly well and I know that they have a price match policy. Would be great if it's the same here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Toy'r'us had some Imaginext stuff that Smyths don't have and the small DC figures with vehicle were working out at €8 which is not bad at all. If they were included in the Fisher Price 3 for 2, then they'd have worked out at just over a fiver. That said Heatons is by far and away the best priced for toys and though they have a small collection compared to Smyths/T'R'U they have a lot of stuff not in either of the others. Especially if you have a Marvel fan in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

I see on the Limerick Leader that some crowd that operate a pub on Camden street in Dublin are re-opening Cloheseys bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

tommy249 wrote: »
    I see on the Limerick Leader that some crowd that operate a pub on Camden street in Dublin are re-opening Cloheseys bar

I was half hoping it would be a Nando's :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I heard it was reopening as a restaurant rather than a bar though, I have no solid information on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

Bar, Restaurant, all together but separate so not a massive hall that echoed when even an ok crowd were in there. Redoing the front as a fancy inside out Cigar Bar. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

tommy249 wrote: »

The Leader says it is House on Leeson Street.

P.S. The Leader often get stories from Boards.ie so I wouldn't use them as a source! :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Anyone know what all the construction work is at the last roundabout on the Tipp road before the Ballysimon junction?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭d1980

marno21 wrote: »
    Anyone know what all the construction work is at the last roundabout on the Tipp road before the Ballysimon junction?

Northern trust expanding I believe.

marno21 wrote: »

5 guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

5 guys

Really? Thats great news, I've heard they've been looking for a site in Dublin for a while now but we're finding it difficult.

My American friend says they do great burgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

1huge1 wrote: »
    Really? Thats great news, I've heard they've been looking for a site in Dublin for a while now but we're finding it difficult.

My American friend says they do great burgers.

I wouldn't get too excited, I suspect the last post was a bit of a wind up.
    It's hard to imagine an outfit like 5 guys opening at a roundabout on the Tipp road.

Advertisement