If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time projector buyer

Options
  • 05-10-2015 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Got a great onkyo AV receiver and sound system a few years back from you, so though you would be my first stop for changing the visual portion :)

I'm interested in a projector. I'm considering the optoma HD26 or the BenQ W1070 as these two are in my price range.

I have 330cm from wall to wall distance. I'm looking to throw a screen on the ceiling at the front wall, and hang the projector ceiling mounted at the back wall (directly above my head.

Due to the shortish throwing distance, I'm learning by reading that the BenQ is probably more appropriate as i want a screen size of about 110inches. Does this seem correct so far?

I'm sitting about 290cm from the screen. Would a bigger screen or preferable or too overpowering do you think?

I'm also requiring a ceiling mountable screen and ceiling mount for the projector. 

Do you have bigger screens than the 82" that can hang from the ceiling? also a suitable ceiling mount?

Cheers

Ray

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

manonboard wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Got a great onkyo AV receiver and sound system a few years back from you, so though you would be my first stop for changing the visual portion :)

I'm interested in a projector. I'm considering the optoma HD26 or the BenQ W1070 as these two are in my price range.

I have 330cm from wall to wall distance. I'm looking to throw a screen on the ceiling at the front wall, and hang the projector ceiling mounted at the back wall (directly above my head.

Due to the shortish throwing distance, I'm learning by reading that the BenQ is probably more appropriate as i want a screen size of about 110inches. Does this seem correct so far?

I'm sitting about 290cm from the screen. Would a bigger screen or preferable or too overpowering do you think?

I'm also requiring a ceiling mountable screen and ceiling mount for the projector. 

Do you have bigger screens than the 82" that can hang from the ceiling? also a suitable ceiling mount?

Cheers

Ray
    Hi Ray.

Thanks for getting in touch with us at Richersounds. 

Both those projector the 1070 and the HD26 are our most popular proctors.

The 1070 coming in at 699.99 Euro (Inc Delviery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12120-w1070.aspx

The HD26 priced at 729.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200761-hd26.aspx

I just measured our seating position in our Demo room and 290cm is bang on the middle of our sofa.
    We have both the 1070 and HD26 on display firing onto a 92" screen.
    The optoma DS9092PMG+ priced at 119.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11803-optoma-ds9092pmg.aspx
    This screen pretty much takes up our whole wall. How wide is your room? Our demo room is 270cm in width.

Next screen size up we would stock would be a 106" the Sapphire SWS240WSF-ASR2 currently priced at 294.99 Euro (Inc Delivery) - This screen is a special order and takes a little longer to arrive as it come direct from Sapphire.

For a mounting bracket have a look at a the Sanus VMPR1 priced at 99.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200143-vmpr1.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Thanks Kenny,

On your information. I purchased the 1070 from your website richardsounds.ie

Much appreciate you going and checking the distance in your demo room. It provided me with some security feelings regards throw distance. Look forward to getting my hands on it now.

Ray

Thanks Kenny,

On your information. I purchased the 1070 from your website richardsounds.ie

Much appreciate you going and checking the distance in your demo room. It provided me with some security feelings regards throw distance. Look forward to getting my hands on it now.

Ray

Having trouble posting for some reason.

Just wanted to thank you kenny for your help.

On your information i purchased the 1070 from your website.

Appreciate you checking your demo space and distance to couch, it really helped me overcome nervousness about the throw distance.

38 mintues from ordering to dispatch :)That was most impressive :)

Having trouble posting for some reason.

Just wanted to thank you kenny for your help.

On your information i purchased the 1070 from your website.

Appreciate you checking your demo space and distance to couch, it really helped me overcome nervousness about the throw distance.

38 mintues from ordering to dispatch :)That was most impressive :)
    Hi Manonboard.

No problem at all. That's what I'm here for :D

Thank you very much for your order. We try our best to ship as fast as possible. The projector should be with you tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Had a few problems with boards myself today, hopefully they fix it soon.

• Advertisement

Projector arrived today. Delighted with it. Using it All day.

It arrived at 0830 so less than 20 hours from the time i pressed buy until it was in my hands. Kudos!

Projector arrived today. Delighted with it. Using it All day.

It arrived at 0830 so less than 20 hours from the time i pressed buy until it was in my hands. Kudos!
    Hey Manonboard.

Glad it arrived and in good time.

Thanks again for your purchase :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.