Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Moto G8 Plus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Supposed to be available from today but can't see it available anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That looks fantastic value across the whole range tbh.
    I'm half considering switching from my Mi8 to a G8plus at those prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Are these available yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,588 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Available on Amazon
    Might order one or will there be a cheaper place to order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

vectra wrote: »
    Available on Amazon
    Might order one or will there be a cheaper place to order?

Dealt with Motorola.co.uk before, but youll need a delivery address in UK the same as your billing address,(someone there to purchase for you).
    Either the es or it Amazon's are often keener priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Has anyone here got a Moto G8 Plus already? How do you rate it?

Very annoyed that these only dropped 1c during Black Friday/Cyber Monday - or did anyone find them at a reasonable rate other than the stock £240 rate?

geecee wrote: »
    Has anyone here got a Moto G8 Plus already? How do you rate it?

Very annoyed that these only dropped 1c during Black Friday/Cyber Monday - or did anyone find them at a reasonable rate other than the stock £240 rate?

Cheapest I have seen >> Moto G8 plus

vectra wrote: »
    Cheapest I have seen >> Moto G8 plus

I've never heard of csmobiles… are they reliable? Some of the English on their site if pretty iffy!

geecee wrote: »
    I've never heard of csmobiles… are they reliable? Some of the English on their site if pretty iffy!

First time I heard of them as well when I was searching.
    I have never dealt with them, but make your own mind up I guess.!
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.csmobiles.com

Its a pity the Official Lenovo site says that they won't ship the G8 for 2 weeks. Its a little bit too close for comfort for Christmas pressie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Is the camera very good

Seems average in comparison to similar priced xiaomis

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alphasun

banie01 wrote: »
    That looks fantastic value across the whole range tbh.
    I'm half considering switching from my Mi8 to a G8plus at those prices.

Good phone, but don't buy via Lenovo online. I ordered the red version of the G8plus, which was shown as in stock -- now it looks as if it could be delayed until January. Lenovo have only informed me about a delay, I got the January info from Clove, an honest company that doesn't advertise items as in stock when they aren't.
    There are years of complaints about Lenovo service.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alphasun

alphasun wrote: »
    Good phone, but don't buy via Lenovo online. I ordered the red version of the G8plus, which was shown as in stock -- now it looks as if it could be delayed until January. Lenovo have only informed me about a delay, I got the January info from Clove, an honest company that doesn't advertise items as in stock when they aren't.
    There are years of complaints about Lenovo service.

Lenovo, all is forgiven! I've just received the crystal pink (actually dark crimson) version that was not in stock initially as advertised. I'm posting this because Lenovo seem to have made a genuine effort to source the phone. Very nice finish, haven't got it running yet. UPS very efficient and easily tracked.

alphasun wrote: »
    UPS very efficient and easily tracked.

I am awaiting despatch of a Lenovo Yoga Tablet from Lenovo for the last few days, but no despatch update as yet.
    How long did the delivery take you from the time of despatch? I'm getting a bit worried that it won't arrive before I finish work on Fri evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lob020

Thinking of buying the g8 Plus,if anyone has one would they recommend .Also does it fit neatly in hand
    Thanks

Advertisement