Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-11-2017, 23:41   #31
PropJoe10
Registered User
 
PropJoe10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo141 View Post
This was something I've thought/hoped. Would love to have a Baby-Zooropa-Pop heavy set if I'm being honest!

Only a few days now for the new tunes...
Would love to hear them dust off the likes of Dirty Day, which I believe hasn't been played since the ZooTV tour. Can't imagine it, but we can always dream!
PropJoe10 is offline  
Advertisement
27-11-2017, 02:31   #32
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,724
CD quality leak is out there now......it's very very good. First couple of listens make me confident in thinking yeah, best since POP. Bono's sounding much more reigned in, and not straining his voice, which results in a much more natural sound.
johnpatrick81 is offline  
27-11-2017, 09:32   #33
bclar12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe10 View Post
Would love to hear them dust off the likes of Dirty Day, which I believe hasn't been played since the ZooTV tour. Can't imagine it, but we can always dream!
More chance of a full band version of Stay....Which would bring on a squirt tbh
bclar12 is offline  
27-11-2017, 11:59   #34
Hooks Golf Handicap
Banned
 
Hooks Golf Handicap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpatrick81 View Post
CD quality leak is out there now......it's very very good. First couple of listens make me confident in thinking yeah, best since POP.
It's almost a double album with the 13 tracks & then the extras.
It's their finest songwriting in decades, not a dud nor filler to be found.
Hooks Golf Handicap is offline  
Thanks from:
27-11-2017, 12:04   #35
PropJoe10
Registered User
 
PropJoe10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,434
Reviews seem very positive alright, although they're always positive initial reviews. Looking forward to giving it a listen.
PropJoe10 is offline  
Advertisement
27-11-2017, 12:14   #36
bclar12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe10 View Post
Reviews seem very positive alright, although they're always positive initial reviews. Looking forward to giving it a listen.
If it carries on where the last album left off, I'm happy.
Again though, I ain't heard a weak song on there and The Little Things and The Blackout are some of the best songs I've heard in a good while
bclar12 is offline  
Thanks from:
27-11-2017, 12:17   #37
PropJoe10
Registered User
 
PropJoe10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclar12 View Post
If it carries on where the last album left off, I'm happy.
Again though, I ain't heard a weak song on there and The Little Things and The Blackout are some of the best songs I've heard in a good while
I absolutely hate "You're The Best Thing About Me" but the other tracks I've heard are solid. Thought the second half of Songs of Innocence was strong, so if they can continue down that route, I'll be happy enough with it.

Its easy to forget they are all approaching 60. Even to still be producing moderately good stuff at this stage is a decent achievement.
PropJoe10 is offline  
27-11-2017, 12:39   #38
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclar12 View Post
If it carries on where the last album left off, I'm happy.
Again though, I ain't heard a weak song on there and The Little Things and The Blackout are some of the best songs I've heard in a good while
If you love the live version of Little Things, the studio version will blow you away!
johnpatrick81 is offline  
27-11-2017, 13:41   #39
bclar12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpatrick81 View Post
If you love the live version of Little Things, the studio version will blow you away!
That song will always have a special place for me.
The lyrics hit me like an absolute brick when I heard it.
bclar12 is offline  
Advertisement
27-11-2017, 13:44   #40
bclar12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe10 View Post
I absolutely hate "You're The Best Thing About Me" but the other tracks I've heard are solid. Thought the second half of Songs of Innocence was strong, so if they can continue down that route, I'll be happy enough with it.

Its easy to forget they are all approaching 60. Even to still be producing moderately good stuff at this stage is a decent achievement.
EBW, California, Song For Someone, Raised By Wolves, Sleep Like A Baby Tonight, This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now, The Troubles are all tracks I really like tbh.
bclar12 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
27-11-2017, 15:15   #41
MisterAnarchy
Registered User
 
MisterAnarchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 8,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpatrick81 View Post
If you love the live version of Little Things, the studio version will blow you away!
The studio version is indeed a big improvement on the live version .
MisterAnarchy is online now  
Thanks from:
27-11-2017, 15:48   #42
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,724
it's a classic(little things). So much going on in the album. Loads to love.
johnpatrick81 is offline  
Thanks from:
27-11-2017, 15:49   #43
innuendo141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpatrick81 View Post
it's a classic(little things). So much going on in the album. Loads to love.
Jeeckust you're making it hard to resist the urge now with the praise
innuendo141 is offline  
Thanks from:
27-11-2017, 16:57   #44
bclar12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 819
Certainly wasn't expecting that opener
bclar12 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
27-11-2017, 16:58   #45
innuendo141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclar12 View Post
Certainly wasn't expecting that opener
2 listens and I love it.
innuendo141 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet