Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adapter or EU Charger realms X2 Pro

• 14-12-2019 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just got my realme X2 Pro but because I bought it through Amazon Spain, it came with EU socket. I want to use charger supplied as it's insanely fast but I need an adapter for it. It fits an adapter for electric shaver/toothbrush but is that a bad route to take? That shaver adapter is limited to 1amp. Don't know any other specs. Should I go out and buy a specific adapter as I will be using it with the charger full time? If so, any recommendations? Specs of charger are Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A. Output:5V 2A or 10V 5A Max for SUPERVOOC Flash Charge. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

This is the type of adapter I'm using for my charging brick.
    It securely holds the brick instead if it just hanging on the outside of the adapter by the two pins.
    Ugly and big....yes, but it does the job.

Something like This type. Plenty to choose from on Amazon.
    I prefer the type you have to open to get the two pin plug into it, some you can just push them in but mine is solid and the charger can't fall out.

BTW my charging record from a dead phone to 100% was just over 26 minutes.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wouldn't this be as fast as your charger except with UK plug.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Delivery-Indicator/dp/B07RKV6KQL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hi

This will do the trick
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266693825

Above anker won't do as Realme's uses proprietary fast-charging system which Realme claims can fully charge the battery from zero to 100 percent within 35 minutes...

Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hi

This will do the trick
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266693825

Above anker won't do as Realme's uses proprietary fast-charging system which Realme claims can fully charge the battery from zero to 100 percent within 35 minutes...

Tom

Wonder has anyone done a comparison. Timed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

No need for an adapter just put a screwdriver in the top slot of your socket (neutral) and plug in Euro plug. I have done this for years. Simple and safe

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭banie01

GIMP wrote: »
    No need for an adapter just put a screwdriver in the top slot of your socket (neutral)and plug in Euro plug. I have done this for years. Simple and safe

Except it's not, its the earth.

Simple yes, safe?
    Not without risking damage to the prongs on the EU plug if fully inserted and in an integrated transformer that can just lead to case cracking or internal flexion of the PCB.

On a non transformer plug, go wild ;) but declaring it safe when you don't know the difference between neutral and earth is a bit rich.

OP, there are a variety of 2pin to 3 pin adapters that will keep the spacing correct and will be far safer than this particular suggestion.
    Pick one up in deals or similar for a couple of euro.

The shaving socket won't give the required voltage for fast charge, but an adapter and any normal 3 pin outlet will.

Apologies I meant Earth, its just a solution for the op.

Good post though :)
    banie01 wrote: »
    Except it's not, its the earth.

Simple yes, safe?
    Not without risking damage to the prongs on the EU plug if fully inserted and in an integrated transformer that can just lead to case cracking or internal flexion of the PCB.

On a non transformer plug, go wild ;) but declaring it safe when you don't know the difference between neutral and earth is a bit rich.

OP, there are a variety of 2pin to 3 pin adapters that will keep the spacing correct and will be far safer than this particular suggestion.
    Pick one up in deals or similar for a couple of euro.

The shaving socket won't give the required voltage for fast charge, but an adapter and any normal 3 pin outlet will.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DonnieCorko

How are you finding the phone? Im thinking of getting the realme x2 (non pro)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

@DonnkeCorko It's a class phone. Would recommend. PM if you want more details.
    Shaving adapter is holding up well. 0-100 in about half an hour. Will look at other options though as the charger and adapter tend to fall out over time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DonnieCorko

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    @DonnkeCorko It's a class phone. Would recommend. PM if you want more details.
    Shaving adapter is holding up well. 0-100 in about half an hour. Will look at other options though as the charger and adapter tend to fall out over time

Ended up ordering the X2 and should arrive just before new years. Was going to spend the extra for the X2 Pro but seeing as I have a habit of killing phones after a year or so use thought it wouldnt be prudent lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ended up ordering the X2 and should arrive just before new years. Was going to spend the extra for the X2 Pro but seeing as I have a habit of killing phones after a year or so use thought it wouldnt be prudent lol

Sensible option

Advertisement