Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phone with widest screen (inexpensive)

Options
  • 13-12-2019 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for a phone (actually phablet) that would have the *widest* screen. "Inches of diagonal" have become meaningless as screens become ever taller/longer/whatever. I need something actually wide, for better viewing of scanned A4 pages.

And I don't want to pay over 200 Euro if at all possible.

The best I can find is the occasional 16:9 5.5" phone, like the Sony L2. I'd really prefer a 6 inch 16:9 phablet but I can't seem to find any around. There are 6.2 inch phones like the Moto G7 series, but with a 19:9 (or even 19.5:9) aspect ratio these are pretty useless for me. And the 7 inch OnePlus is way above budget.

Is there anything at all that would work?

Comments

Advertisement