Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy now or hold off to new year

Options
  • 22-11-2019 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Wife is gonna give me 500 cash for Xmas to buy a phone, I have a considerable stash to add to that lol

Was looking at the note 10+ And a few other phones, I'm a size queen so bigger the better. Also looking for something with a big battery and 12gb ram if possible.

Am I mad buying now? Should I hold off til the new year?

Anyone any recommendations for rumoured devices coming new year that I should consider waiting for?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

italodisco wrote: »
    Wife is gonna give me 500 cash for Xmas to buy a phone, I have a considerable stash to add to that lol

Was looking at the note 10+ And a few other phones, I'm a size queen so bigger the better. Also looking for something with a big battery and 12gb ram if possible.

Am I mad buying now? Should I hold off til the new year?

Anyone any recommendations for rumoured devices coming new year that I should consider waiting for?

Thanks!!

Noe of the phones would buy you what you desire for 500....

Closest to it would be axon 10 pro... 12gb ram version is 599 for black friday....

Anything else make no sense....galaxy 11 going out in february...so uou spedning over 1k for phone that will loose its value in 2 months its a no go for me...

Safe bet would be samsung a70 or even a90...they are cheap but good for games with ecellent screen... and cost 399 or 699 respectively...

Here best of luck and let me know whats your choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

S10e from amazon.it for less than €450. Great phone.
    Edit it was down to €439 but now gone back up.
    Put a price watch in camelcamelcamel for 450 and hopefully you'll get it for 439

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CryanGame

biebiebie wrote:
    S10e from amazon.it for less than €450. Great phone. Edit it was down to €439 but now gone back up. Put a price watch in camelcamelcamel for 450 and hopefully you'll get it for 439

Would there be any issue using this phone in Ireland?

CryanGame wrote: »

If its european single sim unlocked model...then absolutely no issue infact advantage...as if the phone is not tied to network aka sim free it tends to reiceve updates faster so its up to speed earlier against lets say the same.model but locked.

Should have all bands available and if you insist changing software to uk/ie is piece of cake... its an open source and 5 min job with pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did no one read the OPs full post... At all ?

Coming straight out the gates with sub 500 phones.

Just read the post again

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »

Just read the post again

Well i partly responded that with valid suggestion phone with 12gb ram and excellent pricing and valid opinion about purchasingnnote 10+ as in couple months s11 will be out...
    I suggested some budget device instead.

While another users joined the conversation and where we are just trying to help...op didnt respond or specify his decision yet so its an open conversation for others to join....

Unless you are moderator or mr perfect your post is much more useless here then anything.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Dunno if you'd be interested but I've got a 2 week old Oneplus 7t Pro for sale...

listermint wrote: »

Just read the post again

Of course!
    Throwing the S10e out there as it's a very decent phone that's had a sizable reduction in price.
    In fact this retailed for about €780 on release.

Just because someone initially considers spending wads of cash on a phone, doesn't necessarily mean that have a closed mind to alternatives.

CryanGame wrote: »

No there shouldn't be any issue.
    You can buy phones from amazon.co.uk/.de/.fr/.es/.it and theyll still work. Stick to main branded phones sold by and delivered by Amazon.

The only minor aspect to keep in mind is that the power plug will be EU 2 pin. But you can buy an adopter in dealz/Argos and that works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

biebiebie wrote: »
    No there shouldn't be any issue.
    You can buy phones from amazon.co.uk/.de/.fr/.es/.it and theyll still work. Stick to main branded phones sold by and delivered by Amazon.

The only minor aspect to keep in mind is that the power plug will be EU 2 pin. But you can buy an adopter in dealz/Argos and that works perfectly.

Or just use the USB cord in any USB plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Wait until March, OP. Then pick up a 5G S11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Lads, my wife is giving me 500.

I have no.issue adding another lump of cash from my own pocket.

My budget is not 500, 1200 would be my max

I would have just gone into eir and got the p30 pro on upgrade , but as it's blocked from Google services it's no use to me.

Lads, my wife is giving me 500.

I have no.issue adding another lump of cash from my own pocket.

My budget is not 500, 1200 would be my max

Then my vote goes for the Samsung Galaxy S11+ 5G early next year.
    Might as well blow that budget on the latest and best (!) tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I would have just gone into eir and got the p30 pro on upgrade , but as it's blocked from Google services it's no use to me.
    It's not blocked from Google services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Noe of the phones would buy you what you desire for 500....

Closest to it would be axon 10 pro... 12gb ram version is 599 for black friday....

Anything else make no sense....galaxy 11 going out in february...so uou spedning over 1k for phone that will loose its value in 2 months its a no go for me...

Safe bet would be samsung a70 or even a90...they are cheap but good for games with ecellent screen... and cost 399 or 699 respectively...

Here best of luck and let me know whats your choice...

Was in same situation a few months ago. Did a lot of research,YouTube and comparisons in phone shops. I went for the A70 in the end. Screen is excellent and bigger than s10+, battery lasts for 2 days. The on screen fingerprint reader works perfect and the wide camera lens is great.

You could easily pay more than double the price and get a phone with top if the range processor et all. But I don't think it's worth it these days.

It's not blocked from Google services.

So Gmail etc all work fine on it?

Happy days problem solved for me so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

So Gmail etc all work fine on it?

Happy days problem solved for me so

Yes, all phones released before the May addition of Huawei to the Entities List have access to GMS and are continuing to get OS updates.

Advertisement