Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop ups on Samsung Galaxy

Options
  • 08-12-2019 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭

For last 2 days random pop ups are appearing especially while using Google Chrome, but not limited to chrome.
    I have deleted cache, history, etc from Chrome but still pop ups are appearing. Restated phone also and used Samsung Device Manager but it didn't identify anything abnormal.

Pop ups are about prize.winners. and win lotto.

Is there any way to check which app is causing these ads?

I don't want to delete everything from the phone.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,309 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Check the less well known apps on your phone
    For google what types of sites are you visiting - they could be throwing up the ads, try Brave and see if the problem still persists.
    Also in Chrome goto notifications and see what sites are enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you. I have deleted unused apps and also disabled notifications in chrome. Will wait and see if this helps.

Otherwise I will try Brave app.
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Check the less well known apps on your phone
    For google what types of sites are you visiting - they could be throwing up the ads, try Brave and see if the problem still persists.
    Also in Chrome goto notifications and see what sites are enabled

Pop ups were still coming up. So I downloaded this app MalwareBytes and their premium trial version. Ran the scan now which showed 1 malware:
    Android/Adware.MobiDash.PhysickerPlays

Any idea where the above malware got in to the phone? I have removed it, fingers crossed.
    fritzelly wrote: »

Could be an hacked app or just a normal junk app - it's a generic name for the malware

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Battery saver apps. They're absolutely useless and are usually full of adware.

I don't use battery savings apps.

But after running the malware scan, so far I didn't get any popups today. Fingers crossed

Advertisement