Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2019 purchases

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Going to buy a Fibre Optic tree for the kitchen today- weather permitting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    Going to buy a Fibre Optic tree for the kitchen today- weather permitting! :)

Had to google that! Is that a fake tree with lights or am I missing something?!:P

It's got fibre optic lights, otherwise it would just be a regular pre-lit tree! You don't decorate them. :)

I wouldn't have one as the main tree, but it will suit my kitchen, because baubles get knocked off the tree in there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

It's got fibre optic lights, otherwise it would just be a regular pre-lit tree! You don't decorate them. :)

I wouldn't have one as the main tree, but it will suit my kitchen, because baubles get knocked off the tree in there all the time.

My bad. We are thinking of putting a second tree in the hall this year so this might be a good option as any decorations would probably get knocked off with people walking by, door opening and closing etc.

can you let me know how you get on Posy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

I wonder if fibre optic trees have improved in recent years? Ours is about 10 years old but the noise from it as it cycles through the different lights is deafening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Just ordered part of my pals pressie...some fancy shampoo, conditioner, hair mask gift set I got one for myself too I got 15% off plus free delivery happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 swann8

We did 2 trees for the first time last year - one in more modern colours for the kitchen, the other more traditional for the living room. Both artificial though. I expect they're both coming out again this weekend :)

swann8 wrote: »
    We did 2 trees for the first time last year - one in more modern colours for the kitchen, the other more traditional for the living room. Both artificial though. I expect they're both coming out again this weekend :)

Fab, Eventually I would love a tree for the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Lads, someone needs to take my card off me...I keep spending money!! Just bought myself some gorgeous earrings in the Swarovski sale!!

Anywho, got these for our neighbours in the Yankee shop. They're battery operated and they're so gorgeous. Pictures don't do them justice at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I really want to do a second tree, but don't have the space. I have been eyeing up some of the slim ones and half trees this year. Might keep an eye out for them in the sales. My living room tree is white lights and lots of glass ornaments. I would love to do the second as retro style - the old style coloured lights with the shades and some retro coloured baubles etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

jellybear wrote: »
    Lads, someone needs to take my card off me...I keep spending money!! Just bought myself some gorgeous earrings in the Swarovski sale!!

Anywho, got these for our neighbours in the Yankee shop. They're battery operated and they're so gorgeous. Pictures don't do them justice at all!!

I hope you are really close to your neighbours and neighbour presents are not just a random thing I have managed to leave out!

They are stunning, do you mind me asking where did you get them they are fab, I hope you got one for yourself

JustMe,K wrote: »
    I hope you are really close to your neighbours and neighbour presents are not just a random thing I have managed to leave out!

We wouldn't be massively close, although one set were at our wedding and we would give pressies for new babys etc. but we do have great neighbours on both sides and we all moved in around the same time and have done presents every year. Just a token really to say thanks for being good neighbours!:) The side we're attached to (we live in a semi d) surprised us the first year by getting us easter eggs so we do that every year now too :) They are Polish and have no family here so it's nice to have a good relationship with them :) Sorry, that was way off topic!!:D

SarahLil wrote: »
    They are stunning, do you mind me asking where did you get them they are fab, I hope you got one for yourself

Got them in the Yankee Shop in Blanchardstown and they were about a tenner :)
    I actually didn't get myself one but I'm heading there tomorrow so I might just have to get one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

We wouldn't be massively close, although one set were at our wedding and we would give pressies for new babys etc. but we do have great neighbours on both sides and we all moved in around the same time and have done presents every year. Just a token really to say thanks for being good neighbours!:) The side we're attached to (we live in a semi d) surprised us the first year by getting us easter eggs so we do that every year now too :) They are Polish and have no family here so it's nice to have a good relationship with them :) Sorry, that was way off topic!!:D

Aww thats really sweet!! We dont know our neighbours very well as we dont live there too long, so I think I will stick with my couple of bottles of wine in fancy gift bags!

Got them in the Yankee Shop in Blanchardstown and they were about a tenner :)
    I actually didn't get myself one but I'm heading there tomorrow so I might just have to get one ;)

Thank you brilliant, Blanchardstown is near me and I need a Yankee candle too so happy days

They're really stunning Jellybear!

I was shopping today with mam and we managed to sort all the gifts we have to send abroad and I got two other people sorted too. I'm delighted. It was a lovely day as well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's a candle!
    76918397_2473160256339914_5328769381595873280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=r8TDthUXDmsAQn4DBLWPOrBEkyyjz0X24etj63irXvr6MGdDobUR9MPBw&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=763a1a21c11f2c33450240c8275c5c34&oe=5E756332

• Registered Users Posts: 28,062 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Picked up the 40 cm 'real' mini christmas tree in ALDI for €10.
    It comes decorated and with a dozen warm lights.

Nice for those of us in apartments :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Picked up the 40 cm 'real' mini christmas tree in ALDI for €10.
    It comes decorated and with a dozen warm lights.

Nice for those of us in apartments :)

I read that as you picked up 40 of them :D I was thinking this I gotta see haha

• Advertisement

Feck sake, odyssey06, go back and buy 39 more asap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,062 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Feck sake, odyssey06, go back and buy 39 more asap! :pac:

Ah having a pair would set it off nicely now that I think about it but 40 would make it seem like some sort of day of the triffids invasion using christmas as a front :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement