Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sirmanga wrote: »
    That still doesn't mean she was telling the truth. If all someone has to do to prove they are telling the truth is submit an affidavit, then there would be no need for courts

Well it is/was the truth at least from her point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well given that she signed that affidavit under penalties of perjury (which is a federal offence), you'd want to assume/hope/think she was telling the truth for her sake, otherwise she'd have been looking at 5 years in prison. That said it does vary on a State by State basis in the States.

To do so, WWE would have to prosecute her and prove it didn't happen. It's impossible to prove a negative. So you can make accusations like this all you want and not face this, unless say the other person can prove definitely prove they were somewhere else. Since she hasn't named anyone specific, this isn't applicable here so this point isn't relevant.

I'm not saying I don't believe Ashley's story, mind. But I do believe in the presumption of innocence and the right to defend said innocence. And people are going way too far jumping all over WWE for reasons I'm sure have absolutely nothing to do with this case (because an objective glance wouldn't lead you to this conclusion) and are probably more related to not liking Roman Reigns' push or something else equally irrelevant.

Bray wants to use the new Slipknot track Unsainted as his entrance music.

https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/1130679788115509249

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bray has me really turned around on him since the firefly house and his twitter has been very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Everyone should find court documents, timelines and interviews of the people involved before jumping to conclusions. I understand that it would be the only excercise alot of you get,but maybe searching for truth instead of jumping on the first thing might be a good idea.

Mod note: Maybe you thought it's a funny quip, but keep it civil. Throwing out insults will earn you some time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

sky88 wrote: »
    Bray has me really turned around on him since the firefly house and his twitter has been very good

Good point. It's interesting how over a talent can become using twitter, Becky being the most obvious example. would she be where she is now without her twiiter activity the last few months? Now Bray and Big E have created more interest in themselves too. Anything any talent say or do on tv has no impact nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

What's the story with Bray, haven't been following him very closely. Is there differences to the character or is he still the whole cult/let me in thing? Except in the guise of a childs TV host?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What's the story with Bray, haven't been following him very closely. Is there differences to the character or is he still the whole cult/let me in thing? Except in the guise of a childs TV host?

I think its meant to be like a skitzo thing. He's trying to surpress his dark side, and he's claiming he can control it.

So, he's happy go lucky, until masked Bray comes out. That's the deprived side.

He's got these gloves too, you may have seen, one says HURT, the other HEAL. When he holds them up to his ears, he hears things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

May have been a bit hasty in jumping with what I posted, emotionally jumped the gun after what I read in the affidavit yesterday.

It's funny that weareallmarks said this

That could be flipped around on those who continue to believe the bull**** peddled about Michael Jackson. Yet somehow people still continue to buy into the inconsistent narrative peddled against him.

But that's off-topic.

I don't think it's all that off topic especially when there are posters talking out of both sides of their mouths. Nevermind Michael Jackson, if you had the time to go back through threads in this forum alone over the last year you would see the hypocrisy on display.

Consistency in one's opinion seems more difficult than you would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

No, that’d be nuance. This case has absolutely nothing in common with the Michael Jackson case. One is a case of rape, the other is child abuse, they’re different crimes and completely different in nature. The only thing they have in common is ‘sex’, so to conflate them shows a gross misunderstanding of the complicated nuance involved. It’s like comparing a gang murder and a school shooting because ‘guns’.

If you don’t see the difference people doubting a man behaving creepy by inviting children into his bed (which he readily admitted and that alone is grossly inappropriate behaviour), many of whom would go on to accuse him of pedophilia and one of whom he would pay a large amount of money to go away...and a woman who apologised after accusations she made against a company (who she didn’t accuse of committing the crime) were dropped, then I can’t help you. You’re probably not well-suited to commenting on these issues, but it’s a message board so people will anyway.

I feel bad for Ashley that her death has become about this. Whatever happened, this was undoubtedly a tough time in a tough life. She’s left behind a teenage child who can read all of these discussions quite easily. And yet people are insisting on dragging this dirt up, that she had dropped and no doubt wanted left alone herself, to use as ammo in their grudge against WWE. It’s pretty disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm reading Road Dogg is now working full time on NXT.

I'm reading Road Dogg is now working full time on NXT.

sounds like a needed to get away from vince situation more than anything

Watched episode 1 of Viceland's The Wrestlers.

It is really good.

Viceland on a roll with there wrestling doc's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Where can we watch that

Where can we watch that

It's on there website for free at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

ah come on mate, that was funny. i would hope that noone got offended by wit
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    Mod note: Maybe you thought it's a funny quip, but keep it civil. Throwing out insults will earn you some time off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That could be worth a thread of its own!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »

Really? I really think he's not right in the head at all... :pac:

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Really? I really think he's not right in the head at all... :pac:

has russo ever failed us before:pac:

A not sure if serious or sarcasm disclaimer should be added to anything with Vince Russo mentioned in it :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A not sure if serious or sarcasm disclaimer should be added to anything with Vince Russo mentioned in it :pac:

I'd love to see someone make the argument though, just as a thought experiment. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have heard someone else suggest the same thing back when it was first announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vince Russo working himself these days as (hopefully) nobody will ever hire him to contribute in any way to a wrestling show again

interesting that he seems to be critical of only vince in it no trips or other writers

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bubpzr/jon_moxleydean_ambrose_talk_is_jericho_highlights/

• Advertisement

Wonder what that line was.
    Vince tried to talk him into saying another cancer remark about Roman, says it was so bad they could have lost sponsors, refused to say it (34 minutes into the podcast)

Wonder what that line was.

Initial thoughts was that it was something with hoping roman dies or something like knowing vince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's what I thought too. They love that "going too far" crap when it always feels so forced.

Nikki (or Brie) saying "I wish you died in the womb", Paige bringing up Reid Flair, Ambrose last year and probably countless other instances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/05/29/wwe-reportedly-looking-at-what-to-do-with-renee-young/?fbclid=IwAR07DeZ733rNLcdygFqQC4ReaCiuhrF6HLH5lpNOXfJL8xvlDVuGWvtf97o

This could be considered two stories really. That Vince is furious at Dean for working him, and WWE considering what to do with Renee.

The right thing to do would be to leave her be, but I think WWE are petty enough to do something to her. I'm sure they'll probably pull her form that indy event she's booked for, the one Jon Moxley is also planning to attend..

Riddle101 wrote: »
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/05/29/wwe-reportedly-looking-at-what-to-do-with-renee-young/?fbclid=IwAR07DeZ733rNLcdygFqQC4ReaCiuhrF6HLH5lpNOXfJL8xvlDVuGWvtf97o

This could be considered two stories really. That Vince is furious at Dean for working him, and WWE considering what to do with Renee.

The right thing to do would be to leave her be, but I think WWE are petty enough to do something to her. I'm sure they'll probably pull her form that indy event she's booked for, the one Jon Moxley is also planning to attend..

So Vince got a taste of his own bull****, and he didn't like it. And now possibly looking to lash out because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Vince got a taste of his own bull****, and he didn't like it. And now possibly looking to lash out because of it.

Which is funny as vince is known to say to people about eating **** and liking the taste or something like that but it seems not that happy when it's him.

Given the era we are in and WWE seems to be very conscious of its image I doubt they do anything to Renee. She's done nothing to merit it(I know it's vince McMahon) but it could come off very badly if they do something to her and it's clear.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Which is funny as vince is known to say to people about eating **** and liking the taste or something like that but it seems not that happy when it's him.

Given the era we are in and WWE seems to be very conscious of its image I doubt they do anything to Renee. She's done nothing to merit it(I know it's vince McMahon) but it could come off very badly if they do something to her and it's clear.

Something about the proverbial shoe and what not. No doubt he has his small council advising him on possibly how to proceed.

As for their image, WWE won't care, the Saudi Arabia deal springs to mind and their proceeding with said show last year, despite the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi and the public outcry of said assassination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭ThePott

About 40 minutes into the podcast right now. It's an absolute indictment. Really interesting stuff, The CM Punk situation comes to mind.

Would be shocked if WWE didn't lash out at Renee in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Renée will be sent home to sit out the rest of her contract and then released without fanfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Renwill be sent home to sit out the rest of her contract and then released without fanfare.

She's an actual employee of the company though isn't she?

She could sue them for unfair dismissal if they did this without a legitimate reason.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can you download the podcast on spotify to listen offline?

Can you download the podcast on spotify to listen offline?

You should be able to.

But if you can't, you can download it from here.

https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jericho/the-emancipation-of-jon-moxley

She's an actual employee of the company though isn't she?

She could sue them for unfair dismissal if they did this without a legitimate reason.

I doubt she could do that. They just won't offer her anything when her current deal runs out, nothing illegal about that.

Apparently Moxley didn't even look at the offer WWE made to keep him and was paid $500 for the Shield network special. That's the standard minimum performer payment.

From reading Reddit, Ringside News is supposedly a nothing site who make stuff up. Their articles have been banned from there if I remember right so I wouldn't believe that in a hurry.

Renee seems to be well liked by the fans and is presumably close with guys like Rollins and Reigns so picking on her probably wouldn't be in WWE's best interest. You risk upsetting more of the roster.

J. Marston wrote: »
    From reading Reddit, Ringside News is supposedly a nothing site who make stuff up. Their articles have been banned from there if I remember right so I wouldn't believe that in a hurry.

Renee seems to be well liked by the fans and is presumably close with guys like Rollins and Reigns so picking on her probably wouldn't be in WWE's best interest. You risk upsetting more of the roster.

i think in wrestling news theres not many news sites to be really trusted fightfull seems very good lately, meltzer still gets stories i think with him main problem is hes clearly very tied in and possibly working with aew

i think unless renne is not on raw monday we wont know anything and if she is ringside news will just say vince changed his mind

i think its best to take all these stories with doubt in mind

• Advertisement

Meltzer is saying that 10+ WWE people have inquired about getting their releases since Saturday.

Apparently, some of the name's are very surprising.

Meltzer is saying that 10+ WWE people have inquired about getting their releases since Saturday.

Be interesting to see who those names are.

Dave has got his one time big WWE inside man back at Vince's right hand now so he might just have the inside track on WWE again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And you can bet not one of those 10+ will get their release sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

And you can bet not one of those 10+ will get their release sadly.

Either they get buried or one cam hope it sparks Vince to do something.

I mean how can you constantly lose writers, have your staff want to leave, have your staff refusing to partake in events, ratings go down the toilet and not take notice.

Actually I suppose the fox, saudi money, and whatever happens with bt sport helps you not take notice

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I'd love if Orton was one of the guys. Would be awesome to see him in a TV14 envoirnment with more freedom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Terri runnels was arrested and charged with bringing a loaded gun into Tampa airport. She’s been released but Terri isn’t sunny(who seems to take it as a game at times) and seems to be not a mess but that’s a stupid thing to do. It’s also said she had hollow tip bullets in the gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

HHH.

Pentecost wrote: »
    HHH.

What would HHH's Impact name be? Best answer wins a coveted "thanks".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

J. Marston wrote: »
    What would HHH's Impact name be? Best answer wins a coveted "thanks".

AAA Cha
    or
    Thunder Thrist Themsely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement