Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sega Megadrive Standard Games Console with 81 Games €36.99

• 17-05-2019 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Like the playstation classic this is also now reduced, cheaper than amazon and plenty of stock around

Sega Megadrive Standard Games Console with 81 Games

Sega Megadrive Standard Games Console with 81 Games 835/8716
    Half Price
    €36.99
    was €74.99

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=SEGA+MEGA+DRIVE+WITH+81+GAMES&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

These are games which are pre installed in the console:Alex Kidd | Alien Storm | Altered Beast | Arrow Flash | Bonanza Bros. | Chakan | Columns | Columns III | Comix Zone | Crack Down | Decap Attack | Dr. Robotnik's | Ecco | Ecco II | Ecco Jr | ESWAT | Eternal Champions | Fatal Labyrinth | Flicky | Gain Ground | Golden Axe | Golden Axe II | Golden Axe III | Jewel Master | Kid Chameleon | Ristar | Shadow Dancer | Shinobi III | Streets of Rage1 | Streets of Rage2 | Streets of Rage3 | Sonic & Knuckles | Sonic Spinball | Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic the Hedgehog II | Sonic 3D Blast | The Ooze | Vectorman | Vectorman II | Virtua Fighter II | Air Hockey | Black Sheep | Bomber | Bottle Tops Race | Brain Switch | Bulls and Cows | Cannon | Checker | Chess | Color Puzzle | Cross the Road | Curling 2010 | Dominant Color | Fight or Lose | FireFly Glow | Fish Story | Flash Memory | Formula Challenge | Hexagonos | Jack's Pea | Jewel Magic | Logic Dial | Mahjong | Match Eleven | Mega Brain Switch | Memory | Memory Match | Mirror Mirror | Mr. Balls | Naval Power | Panic Lift | Reaction Match | Snake | Space Hunter | Spider | Sudoku Quiz | Table Magic | Tresure Hunt | Warehouse Keeper | Whack-A-Wolf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Be sure to read the reviews. Emulation is poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Deadly, worth a punt at this price for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

A few of these retro consoles coming up. A Raspeberry Pi with a couple of usb controllers might be a much better solution overall:

Can emulate PS1, All Sega, All Nintendo etc
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=54357

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Like the playstation classic this is also now reduced, cheaper than amazon and plenty of stock around

Sega Megadrive Standard Games Console with 81 Games

Sega Megadrive Standard Games Console with 81 Games 835/8716
    Half Price
    €36.99
    was €74.99

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=SEGA+MEGA+DRIVE+WITH+81+GAMES&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

These are games which are pre installed in the console:Alex Kidd | Alien Storm | Altered Beast | Arrow Flash | Bonanza Bros. | Chakan | Columns | Columns III | Comix Zone | Crack Down | Decap Attack | Dr. Robotnik's | Ecco | Ecco II | Ecco Jr | ESWAT | Eternal Champions | Fatal Labyrinth | Flicky | Gain Ground | Golden Axe | Golden Axe II | Golden Axe III | Jewel Master | Kid Chameleon | Ristar | Shadow Dancer | Shinobi III | Streets of Rage1 | Streets of Rage2 | Streets of Rage3 | Sonic & Knuckles | Sonic Spinball | Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic the Hedgehog II | Sonic 3D Blast | The Ooze | Vectorman | Vectorman II | Virtua Fighter II | Air Hockey | Black Sheep | Bomber | Bottle Tops Race | Brain Switch | Bulls and Cows | Cannon | Checker | Chess | Color Puzzle | Cross the Road | Curling 2010 | Dominant Color | Fight or Lose | FireFly Glow | Fish Story | Flash Memory | Formula Challenge | Hexagonos | Jack's Pea | Jewel Magic | Logic Dial | Mahjong | Match Eleven | Mega Brain Switch | Memory | Memory Match | Mirror Mirror | Mr. Balls | Naval Power | Panic Lift | Reaction Match | Snake | Space Hunter | Spider | Sudoku Quiz | Table Magic | Tresure Hunt | Warehouse Keeper | Whack-A-Wolf

Sega have their own (i.e. not jut licensed to a 3rd party manufacturer) version of this coming later this year, though it will be twice the price, won't take original cartridges, and only has the 3-button pads. It will have HDMI though.

It's worth noting that the list of games you posted doesn't include Mortal Kombat, which is pictured on the box, so it might be a slightly different version to the one with that list of games. The 81 games will include non-Mega Drive originals, too, such as Chess and Sudoku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Mini NES, SNES, and PS1 are all great devices in their own ways and robustly built, but this one is really poor. It's a 3rd party licensed product and is not great.

Not remotely on-par with the other mini-consoles released. Lots of issues with emulation and sound. I would wait for the official one coming later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Inviere

The Mini NES, SNES, and PS1 are all great devices in their own ways and robustly built, but this one is really poor. It's a 3rd party licensed product and is not great.

Not remotely on-par with the other mini-consoles released. Lots of issues with emulation and sound. I would wait for the official one coming later this year.

Agreed, it's made by AtGames, which have taken flak for many products over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

These are garbage, not even hdmi. As others said wait for the official version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

No road rash??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

ballyargus wrote: »
    No road rash??

It was whipped off it by a competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Wish people would stop mentioning the ****ing raspberry pii in these threads.

For starters downloading and playing roms on them is almost always illegal.

Secondly the third party controllers are almost always ****.

For example the controllers with the snes classic are perfect.

Anyway back to this model I'd advise to wait until the official Sega release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you cannot really have a discussion about the merits of retro gaming without mentioning the pi, as its better at running the emulated games that the 3rd party hardware being released.

Imagine paying full price for this console with all its problems! And you think the controller issue invalidates pi as an option, when this console struggles to achieve a decent picture!

you cannot really have a discussion about the merits of retro gaming without mentioning the pi, as its better at running the emulated games that the 3rd party hardware being released.

Imagine paying full price for this console with all its problems! And you think the controller issue invalidates pi as an option, when this console struggles to achieve a decent picture!

It's still blatant theft.
    You wouldn't shoplift.
    Why do people still think it's ok to illegally download roms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Asus X540L wrote: »

Probably because they are around 20 odd years old?

I would advise staying away from this thing and waiting for the Official Sega one due soon where the emulation is
    supposedly much better...

It's still blatant theft.
    You wouldn't shoplift.

but it isn't theft per se. it doesn't meet the basic definition of theft.
    A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it; and “thief” and “steal” shall be construed accordingly.

you are not depriving the owner of the item you are stealing. now it is intellectual property, and i believe the creator of IP should be rewarded for it.

But i bought the sega and playstation consoles and the games they used. Why is it wrong to own a ROM of a game i purchased? To play it on an emulator?

Its a grey area not a black and white one.

That's all horse crap
    These publishers are trying to make money honestly selling these old games, either on Xbox live, compilations, or on these mini consoles. People illegally putting roms on raspberry pii etc greatly impacts on this.

Seriously stop being cheap ***** and support the creators of the games you love

That's all horse crap
    These publishers are trying to make money honestly selling these old games, either on Xbox live, compilations, or on these mini consoles. People illegally putting roms on raspberry pii etc greatly impacts on this.

Seriously stop being cheap ***** and support the creators of the games you love

You're not OK with people downloading roms for ancient games but you're OK with not fulling supporting current content creators like Netflix by finding dodgy loopholes to pay less? And you're calling us cheap?

Alright then.

and you think that by buying this licensed reproduction console the game creators will get their cut? LOL!!
    @ Yuji Naka -Im sure the cheque is in the post.

You're not OK with people downloading roms for ancient games but you're OK with not fulling supporting current content creators like Netflix by finding dodgy loopholes to pay less? And you're calling us cheap?

Alright then.

Lol I'm still paying money for Netflix and unlike downloading roms it IS a grey area.
    I could just as easily download those shows online for nothing. But I ain't a thief.

You bums aren't paying a cent for those roms

Lol I'm still paying money for Netflix and unlike downloading roms it IS a grey area.
    I could just as easily download those shows online for nothing. But I ain't a thief.

That's not the point though. Whether you're paying 90% less (by using a Turkish VPN) or 100% less (by illegally downloading), you are not supporting the content creators who are "trying to make money honestly" as you said. Based on your logic, you would also subscribe to Netflix for free if there was a "gray area" method of doing it. How does that help content creators?

If you actually cared about that, you would not be looking for methods for you to spend less which results in content creators making less.

I'm sure if the Xbox store accidentally listed a new game that you really wanted as say 5 euro instead of say 60 euro, you wouldn't be too concerned about how it affects the content creator when you buy and download it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

In most cases licenses aren't available for most of these games...

You are straw clutching, you are deliberately skirting Netflix rules....

I pay 14.99 a morning for my 4K HDR Netflix, I somehow don't feel hard done by that you are bending the rules paying for "foreign" Netflix...

What do I care what other people do?

So get off your high horse about ROMs and emulation when you deliberately swizz Netflix every month paying for a Guatemalan subscription or whatever it is...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    In most cases licenses aren't available for most of these games...

You are straw clutching, you are deliberately skirting Netflix rules....

I pay 14.99 a morning for my 4K HDR Netflix, I somehow don't feel hard done by that you are bending the rules paying for "foreign" Netflix...

What do I care what other people do?

So get off your high horse about ROMs and emulation when you deliberately swizz Netflix every month paying for a Guatemalan subscription or whatever it is...

Lol

Advertisement