Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing bumber on VW Passat

Options
  • 05-08-2020 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Got a quote of 1000 to replace VW Passat. Sounds excessive.What is average price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Depends, spec level, metallic paint, complete new genuine part or not and then fitting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭fire_man

The bumber is costing about 450 then spraying and fitting bring it up to a grand.Yes metalic paint and new part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Also depends on year of the car etc. I'm assuming at that price, you're talking about a genuine Volkswagen part

Yes car only 3 years old and genuine VW parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭con747

fire_man wrote: »
    Yes car only 3 years old and genuine VW parts.

Check some of the breakers you might get lucky with an exact match.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Try traynors and part finder might be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it your own car OP?

Did you go to vw? If yes try other suggestions or find a good indy that the vw garage give out to anyway as they don't tend to do in house.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,409 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does it have parking sensors?

Yes it does having parking sensors.350 to repair or 1000 to replace bumper. The damage was done by another car so they will be paying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whocare

Yes it does having parking sensors.350 to repair or 1000 to replace bumper. The damage was done by another car so they will be paying.

I would say that's the going rate 1000 euros. I fitted a few bumper DIY takes a long time to get it fittings 100% . Other driver will probably have a kitten if he paying cash

Would you recommend getting it replaced. The repair job would also look perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not DIY, moved out to main forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

If the other driver is paying for it then work away with main stealer as it is your perogative. If he doesn't like the quote, tell him fine, no bother. you'll just get his insurer to pay it. See how he likes that.

No harm in pricing at a reliable indy, it will be one of those doing it anyway even through vw garage.

Best would be new of course but totally up to you op.
    You want the car back to how it was pre collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,284 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

No harm in pricing at a reliable indy, it will be one of those doing it anyway even through vw garage.

Best would be new of course but totally up to you op.
    You want the car back to how it was pre collision.

Some dealers have bodyshop. Our local vw audi dealer has bodyshop so not always farmed out.

mickdw wrote: »
    Some dealers have bodyshop. Our local vw audi dealer has bodyshop so not always farmed out.

I said that previous

• Registered Users Posts: 23,284 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I said that previous
    You appear to say the opposite in your last post.

mickdw wrote: »
    You appear to say the opposite in your last post.

Meant to say most, jaysus the board's police are back.....

Ready previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

Would you recommend getting it replaced. The repair job would also look perfect.

Is the car on finance with the dealer's bank, pcp/hp? you may have to go through them, perhaps check the T&Cs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

i read this as some sort of dogging experience , my apologies .

Advertisement