Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving country immigration

Options
  • 07-08-2020 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

My friend is from Brazil and she booked flights home in September for a few weeks. Her visa has expired and she has applied for a de facto visa with her boyfriend. I’m just wondering if she leaves the country will she be allowed back in on a tourist visa or a holiday visa? Or is it best she explains that she has a de facto application in? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

People from Brazil are not "visa required" and so do not have to apply for a tourist visa in advance of coming to Ireland.

So she is entitled to arrive at the border and ask for a visa to enter Ireland. However as a tourist she must show that she will leave again after three months. There is no requirement for a border officer to let her in because she has a pending application.

In my view she is likely to face difficulty re-entering if she has a pending application for longer term residency.

She should get some advise before leaving from who ever helped with her application or from an NGO or solicitor if she did the application herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Thanks: so do you reckon she’d be grand if she just shows she has a return ticket booked within the 3 months? At the moment she has return flights booked from ireland to Brazil. So should she rebook return flights from Brazil? If she leaves it as it is, it will look like she is staying here... I don’t know if they will look into it...

Advertisement