Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to remember a game shop in Dublin..

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

:o this was me!
    Hello old cathal

Old Ciderman used to work there, from around 95 to 00, had great times there.
    It seems incredible now to think there was a time that seems not that long ago when Playstation, Saturn and N64 games were coming in, brand new, for sale.

I can still recall when Driver and Gran Turismo were brought in my a Sony rep, massive excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Old Ciderman used to work there, from around 95 to 00, had great times there.
    It seems incredible now to think there was a time that seems not that long ago when Playstation, Saturn and N64 games were coming in, brand new, for sale.

I can still recall when Driver and Gran Turismo were brought in my a Sony rep, massive excitement.
    I probably met you, a friend of mine Darragh worked there at that time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I probably met you, a friend of mine Darragh worked there at that time

Guy from the rough tough streets of Portmarnock?
    Lovely fella, good laughs had back then

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kiwi_40

You are quoting posts from eleven years ago...

Yes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Harry Moores, on Henry Street, they had a gaming dept downstairs.

Also, for stores with stairs, you're talking either the above Harry Moores, later to be taken over by Dixons, Game on Grafton St and Easons on O'Connell St, as well as Golden Discs on Henry St.
    I actually worked in both those stores briefly when they were in the process of selling off thier old stock after dixons bought them out , I worked in the Tallaght branch though for a few years before that mind you.
    Also most of my 8 bit game buying was done in Peats of Parnell st yeeeeaaaaars ago .

• Advertisement
Advertisement