Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment buying

Options
  • 05-06-2018 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi all.
    A good friend is trying to buy an apartment.
    His solicitor has received the draft contracts but says he is waiting on something from management company. What is needed from management company by the buyer’s solicitor and how can this be expedited?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

MUD Replies

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Nicknamed wrote: »
    Hi all.
    His solicitor has received the draft contracts but says he is waiting on something from management company. What is needed from management company by the buyer’s solicitor and how can this be expedited?
    Thanks.

I know that when management companies are involved, the solicitor has to ensure that all fees are up to date. There could be other reasons, but that's the one I know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

JohnCleary wrote: »
    MUD Replies

Hi John what’s MUD?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hi John what’s MUD?

Google will explain all in much better detail than I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Catlady76

Hi all.
    Thanks.

Below are all correct its MUD report that needs to be released from the management company but they will not do so until the seller has paid them to do it I think when I was selling my apt I had to pay them €140 to get it released plus I had to make sure all of my management fees were paid in full. The management company in my case were a bit sticky when it came to releasing the documents and information needed and hence delayed the sale considerably even though I paid the required fee. Its basically just telling the solicitor that all of the accounts are in order and up to date, there are no outstanding issues with relation to the management company, it also includes information on certain aspects of the complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Who issues the ‘letter of indemnity for the block insurance’ ?
    Thanks

Advertisement