Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsorted

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

20 odd nights booked with about 10 either blocked (I need to get in there to set up Wifi, do some painting etc.) or not booked yet and less fees and projected bills I'm just up on what I was renting it for.

I don't have any reviews so I've been tinkering with the price setting a bit lower than they had it. I'm going to leave it on auto for August and see how that does once I've some reviews up.

A lot less stress and some how a bit more fun than renting it the 'old fashioned' way.

Just hoping it makes enough to see me through winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭charleville

So... according to the radio this morning the government are to put a cap on how many monthly days rental you can have with Airbnb, all talk or is this going to happen soon ?
    They’re trying to curve it back to long term letting.

What’s your advice on purchasing to go the Airbnb route at the moment.

It's definitely coming - not that it'll make a jot of difference to the current rental prices. I'd say it's happening sooner rather than later. I wouldn't purchase to Airbnb, unless you're happy enough to let it in the standard way if you can't continue to Airbnb. I'm going to look into continuing to Airbnb after the legislation comes in through planning/licence/just doing it and risking the repercussions, it could be that very little is actually done to people that are caught - I'll have to read the legislation and make a decision then.

They could make it not viable by simply changing the tax relief on fees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

20 odd nights booked with about 10 either blocked (I need to get in there to set up Wifi, do some painting etc.) or not booked yet and less fees and projected bills I'm just up on what I was renting it for.

I don't have any reviews so I've been tinkering with the price setting a bit lower than they had it. I'm going to leave it on auto for August and see how that does once I've some reviews up.

A lot less stress and some how a bit more fun than renting it the 'old fashioned' way.

Just hoping it makes enough to see me through winter!

Make sure you have auto pricing OFF on Airbnb and let Airsorted use their pricing system. It doesn't need much or any tweaking thereafter.

So... according to the radio this morning the government are to put a cap on how many monthly days rental you can have with Airbnb, all talk or is this going to happen soon ?
    They’re trying to curve it back to long term letting.

What’s your advice on purchasing to go the Airbnb route at the moment.

Nope don't purchase on that basis unless you are prepared to rent normally as well perhaps always.

• Advertisement

Selik wrote: »
    Make sure you have auto pricing OFF on Airbnb and let Airsorted use their pricing system. It doesn't need much or any tweaking thereafter.

It was setting me quite expensive and with no reviews I think I was losing out. Do you mind me asking do you get many advanced bookings or are they all last minute. Mine seem to be the latter.

It was setting me quite expensive and with no reviews I think I was losing out. Do you mind me asking do you get many advanced bookings or are they all last minute. Mine seem to be the latter.

A mix but lots last minute. If days are not filled with a week to go I'll lower the prices myself to what the price tips suggest and this is all I do. This only overrides the days in question and doesn't mess with the algorithm. You don't want prices too low either. I'm 85% booked out over May, June, July and August will be at that level soon also I expect.

Btw if you currently have no Wi-Fi this will affect your bookings big time. Absolutely essential. I wouldn't stay in or even consider an apartment abroad myself without it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Selik wrote: »
    Btw if you currently have no Wi-Fi this will affect your bookings big time. Absolutely essential. I wouldn't stay in it even consider an apartment abroad myself without it.

+100%

Whatever it costs- install wifi- its a fast and simple way to get with the times.
    Loads of prospective people simply will scroll past you- if you don't have complimentary wifi for them- regardless of what you charge for the letting.
    Price isn't everything- you need to tick the fundamentals- and wifi is considered to be fundamental.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just for information, Airsorted do not handle the 'spare room' Air BnBers, only the full occupancy ones.

I wish Air BnB would get themselves some standards. There is a place close to me (used to be an office building) clearly shows mattresses lying directly on the floor in their 'luxury' shared accommodation.

Don't worry chaps 240Mbit Wifi and even a little HTPC is in the gaffe for Netflix! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement