Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arklow Raider, ran aground.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Oooh...I think she could be on the move lads! :eek: Fingerscrossed :)

Bad form to reply to my own post I know...but she's definitely moving now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mornington man

Yes,
    The Arklow Raider is free and is bound for Dublin.
    We are glad to see her on the move but will miss all the action

Hi,
    some photo's which I took this morning @ 08.00 Hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Ah well the fun is over but good to see they got her out.
    Maybe we could get a ship/AIS forum on the go!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

mike65 wrote: »
    In 1975 a small coal carrier called "The Michael" was crashed into Tramore strand during a storm, they never got it lifted and over the years quietly rotted away. I have a picture somewhere of me standing under the bow with its name above me. :)

Here's another one from 1991 just by Bunmahon

2679726599_cb2eeaccec.jpg
    Anyone got any pics of this years later when it was rotting away?? LOVE to see the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah thats a different vessel, they got that one refloated. As for "the Michael" I'll have to find the photo albums and have a look.

skipz wrote: »
    Ah well the fun is over but good to see they got her out.

Not quite over...I'm listening in on the radio :D ...she's a bit broken apparently, something along the lines of jammed propellor and bent rudder, subsequently the tug is having a 'mare in keeping her moving in the right direction...and to add insult to injury something has just broken on the tug, so they've ground to halt again while it gets fixed...I'm up early in the morning, but its not going to happen at this rate....this is utterly addictive, better than any soap opera, DoGdamn the fella who posted the link to http://ei7dar.com/ais.html :D
    Maybe we could get a ship/AIS forum on the go!;)

I'd be up for that :D ...worked on Southampton docks for a while, and spent more time watching the super freighters coming in and out of the cargo terminal than I ever did at my real job :D

She's just being brought into Dublin Port now, by Oakgarth Tug assisted by the Camac Pilot....presumably for some repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Great pics, reminds me of the Ranga which was wrecked near Slea Head in 1982 on her maiden voyage

47548182_aadab1a24b.jpg

800px-The_remains_of_the_Ranga_at_Dunmore_Head%2C_Ireland.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Ranga

• Advertisement

Hi,
    The Arlow Raider left Dublin Port for Odda (Norway) this morning after spending the last 6 weeks (approx.) undergoing repairs in Dry Dock in Dublin, after it ran aground at the mouth of the Boyne.

Advertisement