Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

alpha zombie

• 15-07-2010 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

so when Z-day arrives do you think that one zombie may lead the others, examples of z's doing this is in land of the dead, the black gas station attendant and in i am legend the zombie that smashes through the plexiglass barrier by headbutting it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

.SONIC. wrote: »
    so when Z-day arrives do you think that one zombie may lead the others, examples of z's doing this is in land of the dead, the black gas station attendant and in i am legend the zombie that smashes through the plexiglass barrier by headbutting it!

When it arrives???

NO

but after a while they will "evolve" and choose a leader like Barach Obama in "Land of the Dead"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

Brendog wrote: »
    When it arrives???

NO

but after a while they will "evolve" and choose a leader like Barach Obama in "Land of the Dead"

yeah obama with a steyr!! teaching people to use m4's!!! realistic . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No, they're Zombies and that film was absolutely awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well human nature and by definition most of the animal kingdom, there is always an alpha position held by someone.

I dont believe Z's have the capibilty to think in that way so Im not going fear a horde led by an alpha Z.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i think its plausible zombies as a creature are driven by instinct. wolves are also an example of a instinct driven animal and there is always an alpha within the pack

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    i think its plausible zombies as a creature are driven by instinct. wolves are also an example of a instinct driven animal and there is always an alpha within the pack

Wolves are driven by instinct, not controlled by it. They have intelligence, so to speak, and can learn and adapt.

Zombie's are driven by a need to feed. That's it. They cant evolve in the traditional sense, as evolution occurs over succesive generations. While you could say that biting someone might be creating a 'new' zombie, that zombie would have the same intelligence as the one who bit it.

Then again, assuming its a virus, its possible that they can change through a mutation of the virus, which could possibly allow them some sort of intelligence, or allow them to act as a traditional pack would. In this case, then its possible that an Alpha could be created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I think seeing Michael Jackson as a zombie would be quite funny...

"Urg....urgmrmheheUrgrr..arrghshamoneurg"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Kiith wrote: »
    Zombie's are driven by a need to feed. That's it. They cant evolve in the traditional sense, as evolution occurs over succesive generations. While you could say that biting someone might be creating a 'new' zombie, that zombie would have the same intelligence as the one who bit it.
    I don't think it's even a need to feed, that whole loop back system won't be working. I think all they will hold on to is a desire to be near and in contact with other people and that's a drive that comes from the virus. All the virus needs to do is trigger a certain thought in the head before they pass on, even if that thought is hug other people it would be enough to give the Zombie the drive to get into contact with other people and spread the infection.

The Zombie is just a shell for the virus, it's the viruses needs that should be looked at.

Advertisement