Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WORLD WAR Z

Options
  • 30-05-2010 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

finally picked this up yesterday, i got it in waterstone in jervis for 10.99, iit was well worth it!!

but just a quick question, when is it set?? they talk about after the cold war, and then avian flu so im just trying to find out when its set!!!

what did you think of the book?? any criticism??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It was meant to be set ten years after the last outbreak listed in the Zombie Survival guide. Would have to dig out that book to give you the exact date. Will have a look later.

Loved the book when it came out and have given it many reads since getting it, although I would guess that it has been probably two years now since I last read it, due to getting the audiobook on itunes a couple years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Garathon

I read a lot, and this is one of my favourite books ever, its frightening and a cautionary tale, something no survivor should be without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Its set around 2010-2014 or somthing

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Thibor

Read it about 6 months ago, great book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

yeah, i love the way all the accounts have a beggining a middle and an end, like at the start he was interviewing the nerd that was in his apartment that found the samurai sword, then in the middle section he was talking about the blind ninja warrior, and towards the end he told us how nerd and ninja had joined force etc. etc!!

makes the book a more compelling read!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

.SONIC. wrote: »
    yeah, i love the way all the accounts have a beggining a middle and an end, like at the start he was interviewing the nerd that was in his apartment that found the samurai sword, then in the middle section he was talking about the blind ninja warrior, and towards the end he told us how nerd and ninja had joined force etc. etc!!

makes the book a more compelling read!

I agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

DKZ wrote: »
    I agree!

seriously damo, have you even read the book?? :p

Advertisement