Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCENARIO

Options
  • 17-02-2010 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

so to celebrate my return, i decided to kick off a scenario fest,

so your in liffey valley when in the mirror of sony you see a news report of mass histeria
    all your evenings spent trawling the zombie survival forum finnaly come down to this!

so the mall empties and your left with a few of your friends!

what do you do?

http://www.liffeyvalley.ie/getting-here/maps/floorplan.html

first off, i would barricade all the doors and block them using the seats sittuated aroung the centre!

i would then get to work on making a makeshift camp up in the food hall and use it as hq!

i would hold out for as long as possible their and then hopefully move to a more secure location

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

realistically, the mall wouldnt empty. but i like that it has emptied. fun times!

cade all the downstairs. locate a last stand room, i.e. safest room in the mall. then loot for supplies. go team!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

With such a small group of people, it would be nearly impossible to barricade all the doors, and then check all the fire exits and store delivery doors before either Zs or scumbags looking to loot arrive. Plus if there was a panic, store workers would be escaping out through the store delivery doors so no doubt there would be alarms going off all over the place.

Plenty of noise would surely draw in any Zs in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Love the classic idea of a shopping centre being the fortress for your team.

Unfortunately most shopping centres would be to big to hold by a small group unless ye were heavily armed and given this being Ireland and not America, we dont have hunting/gun stores readily availabel in shopping centres.

If the crowd go out and manage to empty the centre Id like to loot and stock up and stay put for awhile in a stronghold then make my escape as soon as i was ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

It's been a while since I've been in Liffey Valley ... does that Marks and Spencer have a food / grocery section to it? Or is it clothes exclusive?

I must assume that along with myself and my mates there's also some security presence, and maybe some sexy cleaning staff.

So lets assume that means 15-20 people. First job is to barricade the three front entrances. Three teams are set up, each with a security team member on them as they'd know the layout. First task block main entrances. 1 team at each. Then onto fire exits.

As power has not yet been lost and security has the place locked down these tasks shouldn't be too difficult.

Next, one team can secure a central location (maybe 59A) to use as a base, while the other teams ransack boots for medical supplies, and marks and spencers for food. From there we fortify the barricades, and I guess try to find a means of contacting any authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

1.loot supplies
    2. get rid of alarms
    3. cade up as best as I can
    4. get to a computer or internet source so we can check out what areas have been notably infected.
    and finally after a few days leave for a safe haven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Make my escape to the west. Dublin will be hell on earth during the outbreak and the Liffey Valley will be a beacon to thousands of desperate people, to dangerous, quick scavenge and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

ScumLord wrote: »
    Make my escape to the west. Dublin will be hell on earth during the outbreak and the Liffey Valley will be a beacon to thousands of desperate people, to dangerous, quick scavenge and leave.

I'm with you all the way. Run, run for your lives. I know I've said this a million times, but to survive the first few cruical weeks of a major outbreak, you need to be as far away from heavily populated areas. More people = more infection= more Zeds looking for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

ScumLord wrote: »

someday, someone will make a thread about a shopping centre in the west of ireland. and i'll be the first to say "eff that, i'm off back to dublin, the west is hell, blah blah." someday...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Kromdar wrote: »
    someday, someone will make a thread about a shopping centre in the west of ireland. and i'll be the first to say "eff that, i'm off back to dublin, the west is hell, blah blah." someday...:rolleyes:
    ....and that day will be z-day.Nice knowing you kromdar

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Kromdar wrote: »
    I'm not picking on Dublin but it's a fact that Dublin is the most dangerous place in Ireland under just about any circumstance. It's the only place on the island where 1 million people live on top of each other. The rest of the Irish population is very spread out with allot of populations no bigger than 4000 or 5000. If I was in a Galway city shopping centre I would in fact be hightailing it south east out of the city. I would consider any town with a supermarket to be too big, (even though my town does have a supermarket) a supermarket is sure to attract attention where as a smaller town may be ignored for a long time.

Dublin is going to be fairly hard to get out of too, roads blocked and trains shut down. There's allot of urban area to get through without transport too, so it's best to get going ASAP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement