Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optilase

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rach13

Hi! I am going to have my optilase consultation on Monday and was wondering if anyone would like to be my recommending person? I would need to know the contact details of the person who recommends me . Would anyone like to help me out with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

rach13 wrote: »
    Hi! I am going to have my optilase consultation on Monday and was wondering if anyone would like to be my recommending person? I would need to know the contact details of the person who recommends me . Would anyone like to help me out with it?

I've no problem if you want - pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 43 louisewalsh23

Anybody else need to be recommended? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I was told from a friend that they made vast improvements in the whole laser eye surgery field so I rang them up and was told I have to be 32 to be accepted as I'm long sighted. That's me refused 3 times in 6 years. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brianw26

I went for conciltation last week at optilase.after €500 voucher i was quoted €2990 for lasik intralise with wavefront.people at work who got their treatment done at lumivision n dub n laservision r quoting e1850 for same procedure. Shld i stay with optilase or do the obvious smart thing n save myself money for others.do u know if i can get my deposit bk tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 LipsyAddict

I had PRK Surgery done on 7th March 2014 - Tho it's not even 3 weeks yet i have to say i'm beyond happy with my results so far. I had it done with Optilase in Cork and am by no means affiliated with them whatsoever, the reason I came on here is to throw a positive light on the PRK route as after 3 or more months of research I really only found mostly negative feedback. The procedure itself was ok, i was very nervous but staff put me at ease. I cudn't believe what i cud see after surgery (i was -5.25 in my right eye and -7 in my left). The uncomfortable part didn't start until the saturday night, basically i just rode it out, i didn't use the steroid drops as i read they slow down the healing process. Sunday i was very light sensitive and my eyelids were swollen and my eyes just wanted to stay closed ALL the time. Monday they were better and so on every day after. I had bandage contact lenses removed on the Wed and had pretty good vision (one line under 20/20 in my right and 2 lines under in my left). I was able to drive that wed (accompanied in the car!). I went to work that fri for a half day - my eyes got very tired. I have had another consultation since and they are still healing well. My eyesight is not crisp but I can see so well and to not have to wear glasses or contacts is unreal.

My reasoning for writing this is that I wanted to put out a positive story about PRK recovery. It is obv still very early days but so far i have to say i'm delighted and if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help as i didn't know anyone who had had PRK (only LASIK).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OpenAllHours

BEST DECISION I EVER MADE.

I'm involved in a lot of sports so wearing contact lenses was getting to be a pain. I also am a teacher so would constantly be taking on and off glasses and forgetting where I left them. I had LASIK surgery in Dublin in September 2021 and it was the best thing I ever did. Very professional before, during and after care second to none. Surgery itself took no length and very quick recovery.

Couldn't recommend it enough and if anyone has a particular question or needs a referral to get €100 off just send me a message!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I am going for a consultation with them next month.

They told me over phone that's its roughly 600per eye. Is that about right? Seems cheaper than what I have seen or read.

Advertisement