Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap PC's and Laptops and other stuff

• 16-11-2004 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Not plugging anyone or any company (*cause i dont like them*)but thinking of people who are looking for cheap comps & laptops for christmas and have a tight budget.
    Dell have started off there rebate store again(all the orders that are cancelled and they cant sell online)

Happy Christmas from Nukem Rebate store

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

hi,

can someone tell me whether this are prefectly ok comps or are they things that have been returned or needed repair etc.

or simply are they cancelled orders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

thanks nukem! great post, il keep my eyes peeled for something i want, any idea how long dell keep this sort of thing up for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Frequently asked questions Here

And by the way when i looked at this last night there was very little ands loads this morning and now very little again. So have a look every know and then caus its updated quiet a bit.

Its been there ages just off and on,this is the newer version,sometimes not online.But there is actual stores iv been told near the factories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

aaaaaargh i should never have been given a credit card , ah well i should get half the price back for selling me old laptop :) thanks for posting nukem ill keep an eye on that un

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

do u ever see tfts or monitors on it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Doesn't seem all that cheap or different from their main website prices TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Yup, and the prices are Excluding Vat aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's a rather tasty price on an Inspiron 510m at the moment though. Nice little machine that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Streamload

Are they comes with monitor? or what is this mean?Video Ready w/o Monitor

Doodee wrote:
    Yup, and the prices are Excluding Vat aswell.

Are they? I thought the dimension range included vat and the business lines don't. Must double check that!!!

• Advertisement

Theres no monitors with any of those systems as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

great link, cheers.

They are all excluding VAT. Don't seem cheap at all now :( Guess back to the self build...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

not sure if this the right place to ask, I'm interested in buying one of these
    has anybody had any dealing with the company and are the goods ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

You'd probably get a better deal at the For Sale forum on boards.ie

I bought a P3 866 for 190 in May from that forum. They have the exact same machine for 235.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Just what I've been looking for....cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

For those that are saying the savings aren't that good, I beg to differ, been looking for a 12 inch lappy recently and was kind of leaning towards an Acer 382Tmi at about 1,7k. But the Dell outlet store is kinda swaying towards a Dell, anoption i wouldn't really of considered before seeing as they have quite a bad rep laptop wise. But i did a little comparison.

Dell
    X300
    Centrino
    1 x 512 + 128MB Onboard
    60GB
    Windows XP Pro
    DVD-ROM 8x
    Dell

And then......

Dell
    X300
    Centrino
    1 x 512 + 128MB Onboard
    60GB
    Windows XP Pro
    DVD+RW 4x External
    Dell Outlet

So incredibly tempted, will do more research on x300 return rate etc. though first, but great saving on the dell and 500 cheaper than the acer, though the chip is a bit slower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As far as I know the X300 is a rebadged Samsung. Or at least it's a Samsung-designed chassis. And it's a sexy little beast, weighs almost nothing and if I had the cash I'd get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Ooh thanks, brings me somewhat more faith in it then, though I have a few weeks to pick one I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

how much is the X300?

• Advertisement
Advertisement