Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which clinic would you choose or recommend for Laser Eye Surgery?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Blackrock Clinic
    I am 60 years old and have had check up for Laser with Optical Express. The procedure is called Idesign Intralase - Lasik (bilateral) Wavefront Intralase
    Stephan Klopper is the Laser Surgeon.
    The cost is €4670 reduced to €2995 for two eyes because I have Aviva Health Insurance. I can have one corrected for short sighted (to see in distance) and one for reading which is normally half the one for distance. I can read clearly without glasses at present. If I just get one eye done for distance, it will cost €1706.

I am wondering if anyone has only got one done and would it put too much strain on eye if I use one for distance and continue to read like now with other eye.

Please let me know your experience.

Thank you.

I live in Sligo.

I have one eye done. It's not going to strain your eye in any way but some people may find it a little strange having their eyes at different strengths. It's unusual but not a big deal for me at least. If you read fine without glasses now then obviously the reading eye can be left alone and doesn't need any surgery.
    If you've decided to have the surgery, I'd suggest getting one eye done and trialing it for a couple of months. If you hate it, you can always have the second eye done afterwards and accept that you'll then have to wear reading glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 endacreav

Hi,

I would go to The Mater or St Vincent's rather than using a high street chain - google "sasha rodoy" for more information, it pays to do a lot of research on the surgeon/procedure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Laser Vision
    endacreav wrote: »
    Hi,

I would go to The Mater or St Vincent's rather than using a high street chain - google "sasha rodoy" for more information, it pays to do a lot of research on the surgeon/procedure

+1. Surgery is not the time for vouchers, bargain hunting and being a sales statistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

Hi all,
    I got my eyes done with Optilase. I was -5.75 and -6. I got LASIK and I was very very very nervous on the day. The nurses were very nice and one stood by me the whole time reassuring me that everything was going well and counting down to when it would all be over. It didn't hurt but on one eye I definitely felt the pressure pushing down in me much more so than in the other eye...those of you who have done it will understand! Anyway, I had no problems...none. No discomfort after, no halo problems, no dry eye, no teary eye...nothing! I achieved better than 20/20 and to say I was delighted really doesn't come close to describing it. This was in 2009.
    By 2013 I saw a dramatic regression and now I'm on the verge of needing glasses again. I'm wondering does anyone knows why this happened? Was I too young at 23? Had my vision not stabilised?
    By the way, I'm still happy I had it done...I got a good 4/5 years out of it and as someone who likes to travel, play sports it really was amazing. But now I miss my super vision :(

Advertisement