Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which household item?

• 27-08-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Ok, picture the scene, you wake up alone in the house, you go down stairs make some coffee and switch on the tv to see whats goin on in the world...And there it is all over the tv on every channel......Z-DAY!!

while you where sleeping the world went into melt down :eek:

Suddenly you hear glass breakage...its to late..they're inside....

What household object do you grab to defend yourself?

I'd throw the TV at them to buy some time
    then I'm going for the Iron and swing it round by it's flex, i reckon that will crack some skulls.

What would you use

(btw this is Ireland, we don't have huge guns stashed in our houses)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Father Stone

I would use a massive kitchen knife. Really big one. Hoover would be good, shovel, hammer, screwdriver etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

I have a really heavy glass ashtray and i would crack the zombie over the head with it!

ehhowaya wrote: »
    I have a really heavy glass ashtray and i would crack the zombie over the head with it!

Yeah but then you have to run very fast in the opposite direction:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'd use the wooden pole to create distance between me and the Zombies until I can get to my shed to pick up an axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

I would use a massive kitchen knife. Really big one. Hoover would be good, shovel, hammer, screwdriver etc.

most of that stuff you would need to get close to them to be effective, but i'm still trying to work out how you would use the hoover:confused::D

you could always tape the knife, screwdriver, etc to the end of a sweeping brush to increase the distance between you and Zed.

i was going more for throwing or swinging type objects :o

I also have a huge glass ashtray that is now on my throw in a panic list :cool:

• Advertisement

3nero wrote: »
    most of that stuff you would need to get close to them to be effective, but i'm still trying to work out how you would use the hoover:confused::D

you could always tape the knife, screwdriver, etc to the end of a sweeping brush to increase the distance between you and Zed.

i was going more for throwing or swinging type objects :o

I also have a huge glass ashtray that is now on my throw in a panic list :cool:

It's not so much the hoover itself, more the handle which is a long metal pole which I can swing effectively. The knife etc. would be if I was within close range or forced to fight hand to severed limb:D:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

my yorkshire terrier she's a nut case when you rile her up :) i fear the zombie wouldn't have a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I've thought about this before. My weapon of choice is my hockey stick. It might not be the best range wise but I'm very good with it. I can hit this very hard and very accurately with it and I'm used to the weight and balance of it. It's also my weapon of choice for burglars

I'd have to go with: deodorant can + lighter = mini-flame-thrower.
    I know it would have limited fuel but should startle them enough to get away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I suppose you should be heading for the shed realistically.

• Advertisement

homah_7ft wrote: »
    I suppose you should be heading for the shed realistically.
    Definitely, and straight for the chainsaw.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

my solid steel carving knife, its a thing of beauty, jab it straight thru the eye into the brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

My massive butcher knife in my kitchen if I was to do a bit of close combat.

For distance, I have a few heavy ornaments around the house. They'd be worth breaking if it's to save my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Fire extinguisher until I get to the shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd have to go with: deodorant can + lighter = mini-flame-thrower.
    I know it would have limited fuel but should startle them enough to get away.
    Zombies don't get startled. All you'd do is set them on fire for a minute or two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If your not sure what your weapon will be, you've obviously not prepared properly and will not last long. I'll then probably loot your house for any supplies that i need.

Preparation is key people.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I have a particularly evil and somewhat unsettling cat called "Kaci", although recently, she has been more suitably renamed "Death Cat"
    I think she'd do the job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

what would guard dogs do to a zombie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

mrsheenspringfreshaeros.jpg

Spray that on stairs, the bannisters, a hard surfaced hallway, very very slippery. Its my understanding zombies need a good stair bannister to grip onto.

Kills flies too.

Advertisement