Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs for RayBan sunglasses

Options
  • 18-02-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is the right place, but back in the summer I found a pair of RayBan sunglasses, Predator RB 3269, up a mountain in the English Lake District. They're in pretty good condition, and seem quite sturdily made, but there's a thin hairline crack in one of the lenses, and I was thinking of getting them repaired.

The Ray-Ban website is a useless Flash ridden pile of cr@p and seems to give no information on repair centres that I can find, so does anyone have any pointers? Could I just take them to a random optician, or would I have to find an official RayBan dealer somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Just bring them back to wherever sells them and you should be able to get a set of replacement lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks, I'll have to go hunting for a dealer now, seeing as their crappy website doesn't even list somethingas fundamental as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

try supersavers opticians in wicklow town...they stock raybans them and i found them extremely helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Alun wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if this is the right place, but back in the summer I found a pair of RayBan sunglasses, Predator RB 3269, up a mountain in the English Lake District. They're in pretty good condition, and seem quite sturdily made, but there's a thin hairline crack in one of the lenses, and I was thinking of getting them repaired.

The Ray-Ban website is a useless Flash ridden pile of cr@p and seems to give no information on repair centres that I can find, so does anyone have any pointers? Could I just take them to a random optician, or would I have to find an official RayBan dealer somewhere?
    I have a contact in the Sunglass Hut head office (who are part of the Luxottica Group who nowadays also own the Ray Ban brand). This person was of great help to me last year and too an order of replacement sides and a few other bits and bob for two pairs of damage Ray Bans I had.

If you want their email address PM me. The person will be able to give you sound advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jmpcusack

Hi,

I have a pair of Ray Bans that I need to get repaired - is it possible to get your friend's contact details?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Hey, first sorry for bumnbing an extremely old thread but am looking for exactly what you said, sat on my Ray ban last night and brokes the two side, just wondering how much did replacement ones cost? and how long it took for Sun Glasses hut to sort it out>?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

may I be so bold as to jump on this thread as the hinge on one side my Ray Bans has broke.
    Any recommendations in Dublin to get it fixed. I went into the sunglasses place on ground floor of St Stephens Green ages ago and the guy took a quick look at them and said they cant be fixed and then went straight into sales mode!!

Cheers

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jmpcusack

I went to Spectacle Parade in Stephen Street to get my Raybans repaired. It cost about €50 for a pair of arms and took about 3 weeks. Service was less than average, but at least I got to keep the sunglasses I liked without forking out for a new pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

The company that produce RayBan, Prada, Versace, D&G, DKNY and Oakley are called Luxottica. They have some great names but their customer service is dire. Waiting 3 weeks for a part is very fast by their standards. It really reflects badly on the store that sells them but it's down to the speed of the supplier is the problem.

endplate wrote: »
    The company that produce RayBan, Prada, Versace, D&G, DKNY and Oakley are called Luxottica. They have some great names but their customer service is dire. Waiting 3 weeks for a part is very fast by their standards. It really reflects badly on the store that sells them but it's down to the speed of the supplier is the problem.

Cheers, I did think it was strange that it was impossible to buy the spare parts on the internet, few places selling them for 60 pound sterling, but at that rate I would be better off buying a new pair.

So I haveorder a dodgy pair of ebay and am planning on swopping the sides over, hopefully there similar enough, if I remember correctly I used to have a pair and they seems the same! Will let you know how it works out!

• Advertisement

Well I got mine done on Sat in Vision Express on Henry Street. The guy was well sound even though it was ten to six and they were closing up. He didnt even charge me for fixing them.

Maybe give them a shout and see if they can help you out,

frAg

frag420 wrote: »
    Well I got mine done on Sat in Vision Express on Henry Street. The guy was well sound even though it was ten to six and they were closing up. He didnt even charge me for fixing them.

Maybe give them a shout and see if they can help you out,

frAg

Really?? What was wrong with them, the arms on mine are completey snapped off just after the hinge so I would say that I would have to have them replaced, but sure might call into them at the weekend, no harm in trying!

Thanks

With mine the arm came of and the thread where the hinge sat into into was damaged. The guy took the hinge and used a machine to heat it up and pressed it into the thread and left it to set. Sorted...........

Worth a shot

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scasscox

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I have a contact in the Sunglass Hut head office (who are part of the Luxottica Group who nowadays also own the Ray Ban brand). This person was of great help to me last year and too an order of replacement sides and a few other bits and bob for two pairs of damage Ray Bans I had.

If you want their email address PM me. The person will be able to give you sound advice.

Hi there, saw your post and was hoping that you would be able to help me out. I have a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses I bought a few years ago. Unfortunately one of the lens is broken and I need to get it replaced. Do you still have a contact and if so could you point me in the right direction. Have contacted some opticians to be told that I would need to get both lens replaced and prices quoted have nearly added up to the cost of a new pair. I really love these glasses but can't afford to spend much on either buying a new pair at the moment.

Hey,

Just filling you's in on what I did to fix mine, I sat on my aviators and the two arms brokes off, everywhere I talked to said 50-60 to fix them.

So I order a pair of "Ray-bans" off ebay (18 euro with delivery) and a jewellers screwdriver set out of homebase for 3 euro. Took the arms of the ebay ones and put them on my proper pair, looks great can't tell the difference, 20 quid in total! Sure the arms of any pair of aviators would looks the same as the original ones

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

Just in case someone is looking, I found a website that do ray ban parts. A bit expensive but if you want the correct parts then this is probably for you.

http://eyewearrescue.com

Haven't ordered myself but am considering buying new lenses for my ray bans but they're £47 !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Riceym.c

Hi, just wondering do you still have that email address please? Broke my ray bans lens over the summer and would love to get them fixed. thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 herringchoker

Hi, I'm wondering if you still have that contact in the sunglass gut, I badky scratched the lenses on ray bans and I love them. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Carrie07

Hi, I'm wondering if you still have that contact in the sunglass gut, I badky scratched the lenses on ray bans and I love them. Thanks

Hi, would I be able to get the contact name off u too as scratched my lense also, I really appreciate your help. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

hi blutonic. im in the same boat love me glasses havent seen them anywhere since i bought them 6 years ago. so if you could give me your contact id be really grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Did anyone get the email of that contact for rayban repairs? Smashed lens in my new wayfarers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

I have a pair of tortoise shell ray ban wayfarers, treat them like my baby, or so I thought... there's a little cluster of scratches on the bridge of the frame. No idea how it got there and it's annoying the life out of me.

Is it possible to get this fixed?

Can somebody buff scratches out of plastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

HI,
    I'm in Galway, looking for a spare arm for Ray Ban RB3542. Where's best online or anywhere in Galway that people know of please?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Advertisement