Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I complain about this ?

Options
  • 30-05-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

It kills me to say I have bought an apartment and now a year later a nest of drug dealers have surrounded me. There is one in particular However is only moved in a month and is shouting all over the block he is extremely loud and annoying I cant imagine how his immediate neighbours feel. He is drug dealing out if his apartment also constantly going in and out on the phone with his minions on bikes through that the back way to the shed all day somedays he is not being subtle about it as I can smell weed most anytime I go out to my balcony.

Im just wondering should I make a report to the management company would the complaint get to his landlord? or would they require proof of all above which I can anless I sit at my window all day with a recorder.

I have made a report to the gards about the Drug dealing but they told me they sent someone up to have a look but they wont see much unless they surveillance the apt for a day or so so I don’t know if they will bother with that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Talk to the management company, they can work with Gardai to get them out. Ours did. Very quickly.

Don't think this carry on is limited to apartments, houses attract these types too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Of course you should!! You can be sure he is only renting so it should not be too difficult to get him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭CandyButcher

Of course you should!! You can be sure he is only renting so it should not be too difficult to get him out.

Yes the usual, HAP boyfriends coming in polluting neighbours. Its really strange to me as the tenant before him was a drug dealer and got raids, he left and now a new drug dealer in .. and I've seen the previous dealer still return back. Its like there all getting there friends in somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Its like there all getting there friends in somehow.
    It sounds like the landlord has a debt to particular people, and this is how he's paying it off; by allowing dealers to sell from his apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

the_syco wrote: »
    It sounds like the landlord has a debt to particular people, and this is how he's paying it off; by allowing dealers to sell from his apartment.

Landlord could be a dealer as well and supplying them. Best not to contact the landlord

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

you need to write everything down and go to the management company with it,a landlord can not just kick a tenant out on hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Peter File wrote: »
    Landlord could be a dealer as well and supplying them. Best not to contact the landlord

A dealer who supplies and allows drugs to be sold from his/her own property?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Dav010 wrote: »
    A dealer who supplies and allows drugs to be sold from his/her own property?

Would a regular landlord allow this to happen in their property for 2 different leases?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Would a regular landlord allow this to happen in their property for 2 different leases?

I very much doubt that drug dealers tell prospective LLs that they want to rent their property so that they can sell drugs out of it, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

In our development the landlord had a record of letting to problem tenants. After the drug dealers moved out (2 Garda raids in a week helped) the management company sent him a solicitor's letter reminding him of his legal requirement to ensure any tenants do not negatively affect the lives of other residents (it's in the lease signed at purchase). It seemed to work. Bank repossessed the property about 6 months later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Might not know. It might be sub let. Especially if its done through an agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I have made a report to the gards about the Drug dealing but they told me they sent someone up to have a look but they wont see much unless they surveillance the apt for a day or so so I don’t know if they will bother with that...

Isn't that their job? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

there is an allocation of social units in many developments these can be owned by councils sometimes bought under company name and the tenants are lightly to be a mix of difficult social for a temporary solution or until somebody complains, you have to record as much evidence of disruption as possible.
    mc verry is known in the city for trying to house the worst examples, know a development some locals gathered together with a councilor and ejected them they where littering the place with needles.

there is an allocation of social units in many developments these can be owned by councils sometimes bought under company name and the tenants are lightly to be a mix of difficult social for a temporary solution or until somebody complains, you have to record as much evidence of disruption as possible.
    mc verry is known in the city for trying to house the worst examples, know a development some locals gathered together with a councilor and ejected them they where littering the place with needles.

Thank you I start recording incidents and times and produce it to management and previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭mvt

Don't forget you are a member of the management company-insist that they take action by getting the management agents on the case.

Also put yourself forward as a director & also take a read of the lease,always helpful clauses in there.

Maybe also engage a solicitor to work on your behalf.

Remember, YOU are the management company- light a fire under their ass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

mvt wrote: »
    Don't forget you are a member of the management company-insist that they take action by getting the management agents on the case.

Also put yourself forward as a director & also take a read of the lease,always helpful clauses in there.

Maybe also engage a solicitor to work on your behalf.

Remember, YOU are the management company- light a fire under their ass

Correct. There must be other owners who are unhappy with the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Would be good to have as many of the other owners or tenants with you on this one can you speak with a few of them if so they may come on board will be better and maby safer for not to be the one sticking out on your own best of luck .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

When we had a somewhat similar issue involving prostitution we had the management agent and Directors deal with it. They wrote direct to the local Superintenrent who was obliged to act upon the complaint. Its grand dealing with a Garda in the station office but he/she doesnt have the authority to start an operation.

Would be good to have as many of the other owners or tenants with you on this one can you speak with a few of them if so they may come on board will be better and maby safer for not to be the one sticking out on your own best of luck .

Thanks for reply. I am going to report it anonymously to protect myself and property same reasons why I wont say it to another neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Maby worth a go with the anonymous route unfortunately going public on it will leave you a sitting target which is an awful situation. Hopefully it works out for you .

• Advertisement
Advertisement