Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Stuff you'd like to Ban

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

All members of the onion family.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Oh , I think I'll have a scallion sandwich. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Random Stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Fade haircuts, auto play video ads on news websites. Virtue signalling that is pointless, Eg fine gael saying
    Diesel cars will be banned in 10 years, most people can't afford electric cars, there's only a small no of charging
    points. You can go and fill up at a petrol station in 3minutes. We have no infrastructure if say 50k people
    had to charge their car every day.
    The phrase person x is a member of the travelling community, Eg just say Joe blogs is a travellor
    Put 50 euro tax on any jeans with a hole in them
    No one is allowed to use random words as baby names
    or names with no, s in them.
    If Any company gets help from the government in the crisis they have to publish detailed info on how much tax they pay for the next 5years Eg percentage of tax paid on profit, revenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Does that include “cheese and onion”?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

riclad wrote: »
    Fade haircuts, auto play video ads on news websites. Virtue signalling that is pointless, Eg fine gael saying
    Diesel cars will be banned in 10 years, most people can't afford electric cars, there's only a small no of charging
    points. You can go and fill up at a petrol station in 3minutes. We have no infrastructure if say 50k people
    had to charge their car every day.
    The phrase person x is a member of the travelling community, Eg just say Joe blogs is a travellor
    Put 50 euro tax on any jeans with a hole in them
    No one is allowed to use random words as baby names
    or names with no, s in them.
    If Any company gets help from the government in the crisis they have to publish detailed info on how much tax they pay for the next 5years Eg percentage of tax paid on profit, revenue

Infrastructure would be developed in parallel with increased adoption. Much like how they built more train tracks the more people started using trains, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Late Late Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

I'd like to ban the practice of letting front line health workers into supermarkets ahead of everyone else.

Elderly customers still get to skip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Movie franchises.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Middle class people saying "woke"

Anyone saying "woke"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the idea that your race, religion, sexuality, gender etc defines you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Zaph wrote: »
    Absolutely, along with the Psychics & Mediums forum.
    Do it do it do it. It only makes us sexier!

The PM function

Jesus,some odd ones floating about tonight

The importation of social issues from America which have no contextual basis here, often by self described champions of “wokeness”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Middle class people saying "woke"
    Firing squad more applicable in cases like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

de blacks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Twitter and the Journal.ie.

The malcontents, oddballs, and losers who contribute to comments on sites like that don’t deserve a platform to spew their bile and hate.

I'm banned from the Journal, which worries me

Edgware wrote: »
    Firing squad more applicable in cases like that

Waste of good bullets, guillotine would be just as efficient

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Infrastructure would be developed in parallel with increased adoption. Much like how they built more train tracks the more people started using trains, for example.

Trains not a great example, they lifted the tracks up here and never replaced with anything near it. We probably had the most scenic train track from Letterkenny to Burtonport, you could get on a train in West Donegal and with a few station jumps go nearly anywhere on the island

hair dye for men, it looks pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'd like to ban the practice of letting front line health workers into supermarkets ahead of everyone else.

Elderly customers still get to skip though.

I'd like to ban that practice too , especially after I saw the wife of a volunteer fireman wearing his Fire Brigade fleece in order to skip the queue at a supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Frozen ice. If it is not fresh, don't automatically assume I want it in my drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Frozen ice. If it is not fresh, don't automatically assume I want it in my drink.

Frozen ice? Is that different to regular ice?

Although I dislike when restaurants or pubs put a slice of lemon or lime in a glass of water or coke. I always remove it. Not that it has happened recently. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Headphones/ in-ear buds while driving

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Making or taking calls in public on a phone's loud speaker. Same for listening to films, tv shows and music in public without headphones/earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Rodin wrote: »
    Headphones/ in-ear buds while driving

I'm pretty sure that wearing headphones/earphones while driving IS banned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

cj maxx wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that wearing headphones/earphones while driving IS banned ?

Not specifically.
    Though a dangerous driving charge or driving without due care and attention can be levelled. To the best of my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Driving a large 4x4 vehicle long distances to check your eyesight (after having visual disturbances), during a pandemic lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Unnecessary apostrophes for plurals or words simply ending with the letter “s”.

The point the person is making may be excellent but the sight of one or more of these, usually just lobbed onto plurals, makes me check right out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Frozen ice? Is that different to regular ice?

Although I dislike when restaurants or pubs put a slice of lemon or lime in a glass of water or coke. I always remove it. Not that it has happened recently. :)

Pubs and restaurants have a secret stash of fresh ice,the general public are not aware of this. It is why they never think to complain.

Advertisement